Easy Recipe Ideas: How to Make Vegetable Lasagna
When you have a hungry crowd to feed, you want simple and easy recipe ideas. Learning how to make vegetable lasagna is one of the best ideas. You will only use just a few cooking tools to make the lasagna recipe of your choice. Making lasagna is so easy that even the kids can learn how to make a homemade lasagna recipe. Kids like learning how to cook too.
To make lasagna you first need to choose the type of lasagna you want to make and there are many from which you can choose. However, while making vegetable lasagna you might choose to include particular herbs, spices, and vegetables. Alternately, while making veggie lasagna you might even want to include various types of cheeses. These might include ricotta, mozzarella, parmesan and more.
It all just really just depends on your particular cravings for vegetables, herbs, spices and cheeses if you want to include them or not. You can adapt any recipe you find that sounds interesting to taste even better if you like. You can learn how to make lasagna noodles from scratch. You can also learn different types of lasagna sauce recipes.
Some of the herbs you might use include rosemary, oregano, sage, basil, parsley and even more. You can add any vegetables you want too. For instance, you might consider adding eggplant, tomatoes, onions, zucchini, spinach, black beans, yellow squash, garlic, carrots, bell peppers, onions and even more. Again, when you learn how to make vegetable lasagna from scratch you can follow the directions exactly, or you can adapt it to suit you and your family’s needs.
More Ideas for Vegetarian Lasagna
Vegetarians can become tired of seeing vegetable lasagna listed on restaurant menus as the sole vegetarian option, but what can you do if you want to make a slightly different no-meat lasagna? One idea is to use tofu. Not only is tofu a satisfying meat substitute, but it also has a nice flavor and texture of its own. Tofu soaks up flavors really well so you could even marinate some before adding it to your vegetable lasagna recipe.
Another idea is TVP, which stands for textured vegetable protein. Look out for TVP with the same texture as ground beef, which allows you to simply substitute the ground beef in any meat lasagna recipe for TVP and achieve similar results. TVP is slightly drier than meat because it does not contain fat, but the fact that lasagna has plenty of sauce means you should not notice this in the finished dish.
Beans and pulses do not usually feature in lasagna recipes but if you want to make sure your lasagna is rich in protein, you might like to add some. Black beans, white beans, kidney beans, and lentils can all be used to make a vegetable lasagna more filling and substantial. Bear in mind that these ingredients can have long soaking and cooking times if you are using dried ones rather than the canned type.
Cheese Lasagna – Creamy and Tasty
Another idea is to make a cheese lasagna recipe. Rather than using cheese to complement the meat, you are going to be using it to complement the vegetables. Luckily almost all vegetables are great with cheese, and you can combine various types of cheese in a cheese lasagna. Some cheese lasagnas do not feature any vegetables, but adding both vegetables and cheese ensures your lasagna will be exciting, nutritious, and well balanced.
Leave a Reply
- Homemade Italian Sausage and Spinach Calzone May 7, 2016
- Classic Italian Chicken Saltimbocca April 22, 2016
- Hunter Style Baked Italian Chicken Cacciatore April 6, 2016
- Wild Mushroom Boletus Italian Style Soup April 3, 2016
- Vegetarian Pasta Primavera with Fettuccine March 30, 2016
- Roman Style Saltimbocca Alla Romana with Polenta March 25, 2016
- Classic Italian Dishes – Parmigiana Eggplant March 25, 2016
- Authentic Vegetarian Italian Asparagus Risotto March 23, 2016
- Rotisserie Chicken and Vegetable Risotto March 19, 2016
- Citrus Feta Cheese Risotto with Spinach March 18, 2016
- One of the Best Vegetarian Lasagna Recipes with Ricotta Cheese (404200 Views)
- Home (141874 Views)
- Best Pizza Sauce for Home Made Pizza (64562 Views)
- Crispy Chicken Milanese with Herb (27672 Views)
- Authentic Clams Oreganata (20399 Views)
- The Best Bechamel in the World (14845 Views)
- Authentic Old World Italian Pizza Dough Recipe (13684 Views)
- Lasagna Rollups in the Slow Cooker (11772 Views)
- Classic Lasagna with Creamy Bechamel Sauce (11317 Views)
- Just How Far Ahead Can I Make Lasagna (11313 Views)