Find out How to Make Veggie Lasagna at Home
If you and your family enjoy eating healthy foods, and you always include lots of vegetables and herbs in your meal planning, you might like to find out how to make veggie lasagna. You can include just about any type of vegetables and herbs you might like to while making vegetarian lasagna. You can grow your own lasagna recipe ingredients in a lasagna garden, some you can grow while you are container gardening.
Some of the vegetables you might include while making a veggie lasagna recipe might include such vegetables as onions, bell peppers, mushrooms, fresh spinach, zucchini, yellow squash, eggplant, black beans as well as many others. You might like to include some fresh shredded carrots, garlic, tomatoes and any other type of vegetable you and your family love to eat.
When you find out how to make veggie lasagna, you might also like to include some delicious and healthy choices of herbs and spices. These herbs and spices might include parsley, basil, oregano, rosemary, sage and any other type of herbs and spices you prefer. You can choose to include various types of cheeses while you are making a veggie lasagna recipe.
Making lasagna is an easy task that you can do. You might also want to consider allowing the kids to help you out in the kitchen when you are making your favorite lasagna recipe. Actually, making delicious homemade veggie lasagna is just as easy as learning how to make any other type of great tasting lasagna recipe. You can do it and the family will love it!
The Popularity of Vegetable Lasagna
After meat lasagna, vegetable lasagna is probably the second most popular. This is not only because it is a wonderful food for people who do not eat meat. In fact, a lot of carnivores love the flavor of vegetable lasagna just as much as a meaty one. One of the reasons for this is the harmony that exists between pasta and vegetables.
Many pasta recipes feature veggies because the two flavors and textures are so nice together, and lasagna is no exception. You can take your pick from many varieties of vegetables to make a unique vegetable lasagna recipe, and you can feature whichever lasagna sauce you want as well. Maybe you want the creaminess of bechamel sauce, the tangy taste of a classic tomato sauce, or even some of both, sandwiched between the vegetable lasagna layers.
What to Serve with Vegetable Lasagna
Since vegetable lasagna is vegetable-rich, your usual vegetable side dishes might not work as harmoniously with it as with other entrees, so what should you serve with a vegetable lasagna? Actually it depends which vegetables are in the lasagna. If you have used seven or eight different ones, you will probably want to serve the lasagna by itself, since it contains all the food groups already and sufficient vegetables too.
If your vegetable lasagna contains spinach and broccoli, for example, you could serve carrots on the side. If it contains red bell pepper and eggplant, then what about serving something green on the side, like broccoli, green beans or peas, for contrast? Since vegetable lasagna already contains veggies by definition, it is not necessary to serve an additional vegetable dish on the side unless you want to.
Leave a Reply
- Homemade Italian Sausage and Spinach Calzone May 7, 2016
- Classic Italian Chicken Saltimbocca April 22, 2016
- Hunter Style Baked Italian Chicken Cacciatore April 6, 2016
- Wild Mushroom Boletus Italian Style Soup April 3, 2016
- Vegetarian Pasta Primavera with Fettuccine March 30, 2016
- Roman Style Saltimbocca Alla Romana with Polenta March 25, 2016
- Classic Italian Dishes – Parmigiana Eggplant March 25, 2016
- Authentic Vegetarian Italian Asparagus Risotto March 23, 2016
- Rotisserie Chicken and Vegetable Risotto March 19, 2016
- Citrus Feta Cheese Risotto with Spinach March 18, 2016
- One of the Best Vegetarian Lasagna Recipes with Ricotta Cheese (410780 Views)
- Home (146729 Views)
- Best Pizza Sauce for Home Made Pizza (70618 Views)
- Crispy Chicken Milanese with Herb (29037 Views)
- Authentic Clams Oreganata (21289 Views)
- The Best Bechamel in the World (15162 Views)
- Authentic Old World Italian Pizza Dough Recipe (14167 Views)
- Lasagna Rollups in the Slow Cooker (11950 Views)
- Just How Far Ahead Can I Make Lasagna (11760 Views)
- Classic Lasagna with Creamy Bechamel Sauce (11515 Views)