Making Spinach Lasagna the Easy Way
If you and your family enjoy healthy eating, you may want to find out more about how to make easy spinach lasagna. Spinach is one of the leafy green food types that are a nutritional powerhouse when it comes to getting the vitamins and nutrients your body needs every day.
It is chock full of folic acid, calcium, fiber, carotenoids, magnesium, bioflavonoid and lutein. It is a food source that is full of vitamins such as vitamin A, vitamin C and vitamin K as well as iron. All of these vitamins and nutrients work for you by helping to strengthen bones, helping to prevent memory loss, macular degeneration, some cancers and so much more. Spinach is a vegetable that is great as an addition to any meal no matter how you prepare it.
However, when you learn how to make easy spinach lasagna, you can create a healthy meal that is also big on flavor and taste. Sometimes you can get the kids to eat their vegetables in the most creative ways. Making homemade spinach lasagna is just one of those ingenious ways of getting the kids to eat something that is good and good for them too.
Eventually, the kids will get old enough to want to help out in the kitchen. When this happens you have a wide open field to cover. While teaching them how to make the family favorite cookie recipes, you should also teach them how to prepare healthy and great tasting meals such as showing them how to make easy spinach lasagna recipes at home. When you do, you will know that they are better able to face the world outside your home.
How to Ensure Your Spinach Lasagna is Amazing
Spinach lasagna gives you the best of both worlds. First of all it gives you all the goodness of spinach, which is rich in vitamins and nutrients. Second, you get to enjoy a delicious lasagna. It might be stuffed with spinach instead of the beef mixture you are more familiar with but there is a reason why spinach lasagna is so popular, and that is because of the flavor.
It is widely known that spinach works well with dairy ingredients. This is why cheese and spinach often feature together in appetizers, quiches, pasta dishes, pies and other recipes, and why creamed spinach is such a well-loved side dish. Although spinach does not have to be paired with creamy ingredients, it does work especially well with them.
Spinach also goes well with eggs, so you might have tried spinach frittata or spinach omelet recipes before now. Whoever first experimented with spinach and lasagna must have jumped for joy at the results. Lasagna is usually a rich-flavored, creamy dish, making spinach a perfect idea for the filling. Popeye might have favored canned spinach, but you can use fresh spinach for extra-fresh results or even frozen spinach if you are in a rush. It is important to drain it really well before you add it to your lasagna; spinach can hold on to a surprising amount of water.
What to Add to Spinach Lasagna Recipes
Spinach is delicious with both meat and fish, so you can add it to your beef lasagna to boost the nutrients, or try it in your salmon and shrimp lasagna. Alternatively you can use spinach alone or with cheese for a vegetarian lasagna recipe. Spinach is nice with other vegetables, especially mushrooms, so you can combine this leafy green treat with your favorite vegetables and know that the finished dish is going to be really tasty.
Leave a Reply
- Homemade Italian Sausage and Spinach Calzone May 7, 2016
- Classic Italian Chicken Saltimbocca April 22, 2016
- Hunter Style Baked Italian Chicken Cacciatore April 6, 2016
- Wild Mushroom Boletus Italian Style Soup April 3, 2016
- Vegetarian Pasta Primavera with Fettuccine March 30, 2016
- Roman Style Saltimbocca Alla Romana with Polenta March 25, 2016
- Classic Italian Dishes – Parmigiana Eggplant March 25, 2016
- Authentic Vegetarian Italian Asparagus Risotto March 23, 2016
- Rotisserie Chicken and Vegetable Risotto March 19, 2016
- Citrus Feta Cheese Risotto with Spinach March 18, 2016
- One of the Best Vegetarian Lasagna Recipes with Ricotta Cheese (410880 Views)
- Home (146758 Views)
- Best Pizza Sauce for Home Made Pizza (70676 Views)
- Crispy Chicken Milanese with Herb (29047 Views)
- Authentic Clams Oreganata (21297 Views)
- The Best Bechamel in the World (15166 Views)
- Authentic Old World Italian Pizza Dough Recipe (14169 Views)
- Lasagna Rollups in the Slow Cooker (11950 Views)
- Just How Far Ahead Can I Make Lasagna (11761 Views)
- Classic Lasagna with Creamy Bechamel Sauce (11515 Views)