Vegetarian Lasagna Mexican Style How to Make It
Do you love lasagna but want a spicier albeit vegetarian variety? If you want something a bit healthier but just as tasty as the meat-laden variety, you have come to the right place. You have several different options for creating a good vegetarian Mexican lasagna, so though this is a good ingredient list do not be afraid to toss in a few of your own special ingredients.
Start by dicing your onions and garlic. Heat two tablespoons of butter in a medium or large heavy skillet, and then cook both the onions and the garlic together until they are soft. Next, add your favorite taco seasonings and diced tomatoes to the mix. Stir and heat well.
In another skillet, begin warming your vegetable crumbs. Set aside.Add the frozen corn and black bean mix to your tomato mixture. Stir all the ingredients together completely. Once your vegetables are well heated you can add in the vegetable crumbles. Layer the vegetarian lasagna “meat” mixture with tortilla’s in a baking dish. You may need to trim the round tortilla’s to better fit a rectangular baking dish, but remember to save the access for later fillings.
Start with a cup or two of the vegetarian Mexican filling, two layers of tortillas, more filling, handful of cheese, etc… Bake in oven preheated to 350 for approximately 30 minutes or until the cheese is melted and perhaps lightly browned. The key to great vegetarian Mexican lasagna is getting the correct amount of taco seasoning. You can purchase this pre-made, but if you want a better option with few MSG’s you can make your own. All you need is cumin, paprika, and chili powder.
Greek Lasagna Recipes
Learning how to make vegetarian Mexican lasagna is a great idea because this results in such a mouthwatering meal, but what about learning how to make Greek lasagna? Although some people think of moussaka first when they consider famous Greek lasagna-like dishes, there is another famous Greek recipe which is even more similar to lasagna and it is called pastitsio, sometimes spelt pastichio.
Made with tubular pasta, ground meat, tomatoes, onions and olive oil, along with some parmesan, basil and a bay leaf for seasoning, pastitsio also features a Greek white sauce.
How to Make Greek White Sauce
Greek white sauce is made with flour, oil, milk, eggs, nutmeg, and parmesan, so it is not too dissimilar from the white sauce you already know. The pasta, meat, and sauce are layered in a baking dish and then the pastitsio is baked until the topping is golden brown.
If you are looking for an exciting international take on classic lasagna, you might like to try pastitsio. Serve it with a Greek salad (feta cheese, black olives, cucumber, cherry tomatoes and a yogurt dressing perhaps) for a complete meal. Pastitsio is cut into squares and served like lasagna. It looks very similar except for the penne or other tubular pasta used instead of the lasagna sheets.
Leave a Reply
- Homemade Italian Sausage and Spinach Calzone May 7, 2016
- Classic Italian Chicken Saltimbocca April 22, 2016
- Hunter Style Baked Italian Chicken Cacciatore April 6, 2016
- Wild Mushroom Boletus Italian Style Soup April 3, 2016
- Vegetarian Pasta Primavera with Fettuccine March 30, 2016
- Roman Style Saltimbocca Alla Romana with Polenta March 25, 2016
- Classic Italian Dishes – Parmigiana Eggplant March 25, 2016
- Authentic Vegetarian Italian Asparagus Risotto March 23, 2016
- Rotisserie Chicken and Vegetable Risotto March 19, 2016
- Citrus Feta Cheese Risotto with Spinach March 18, 2016
- One of the Best Vegetarian Lasagna Recipes with Ricotta Cheese (404799 Views)
- Home (142305 Views)
- Best Pizza Sauce for Home Made Pizza (65165 Views)
- Crispy Chicken Milanese with Herb (27806 Views)
- Authentic Clams Oreganata (20454 Views)
- The Best Bechamel in the World (14886 Views)
- Authentic Old World Italian Pizza Dough Recipe (13731 Views)
- Lasagna Rollups in the Slow Cooker (11790 Views)
- Just How Far Ahead Can I Make Lasagna (11354 Views)
- Classic Lasagna with Creamy Bechamel Sauce (11334 Views)