Healthy Pizza – How to Make Healthy Pizza Recipes
Pizza is often wrongly classified as a fast food. Modern pizza variations, which boast deep stuffed crusts and lots of high fat cheese and meat toppings can be, classified that way but it is also possible to make healthy pizza dough and use healthy toppings. There is no need to find healthy alternatives to pizza because, made the right way, pizza can be a healthy meal itself.
Pizza makes an ideal lunch or dinner and you can even make a fruit pizza for dessert or an egg, vegetable, low fat sausage and cheese version for breakfast if you like.
One of the main pizza ingredients is tomatoes and these contain cancer-fighting lycopene. If you eat pizza once a week, you are far likely to develop stomach, lung, mouth, prostate, or colon cancer. Health studies have proved that you can lower your risk of esophageal cancer by nearly sixty percent by including tomatoes in your diet. Processed tomatoes, such as those found in pizza sauce, are even richer in lycopene because the antioxidant is concentrated.
A Healthy Pizza Crust, Sauce, and Toppings
It is important to use a healthy pizza crust recipe to get the most health benefit from your pizza. The foundation of your homemade pizza recipe is the crust and you can choose from different healthy pizza dough recipes. You might like to try a whole-wheat pizza dough crust because this is heart friendly and higher in fiber, vitamins, and minerals than white dough. Making a thin crust cuts down on carbohydrates too and a lot of people prefer this kind of crust texture.
When you choose a pizza sauce recipe, you might like to go for a traditional tomato sauce because it is low in calories and fat. White sauces, which use cheese and butter, are high in fat. You might like to try a pesto sauce made with a little bit of olive oil.
If you want to know how to make pizza more healthy, it is important to pay attention to the toppings you use. Black olives contain ingredients that can lower cholesterol and prevent heart disease. Onions are rich in fiber, vitamin C, and chromium.
They can lower blood pressure, blood sugar, and cholesterol. Red bell peppers are rich in vitamins A; B6 and C. Vegetables are delicious on pizza and are good for you too. Most vegetables have a negligible calorie content so feel free to pile them high on your pizza recipes.
Easy and Healthy Pizza Recipes
You are unlikely to get a healthy delivery pizza or frozen pizza because these are high in fatty toppings and low in vegetables and other nutritious ingredients. When you make a homemade pizza, you can control the fat content and the nutritional content of the ingredients you use. Homemade pizza works out much cheaper than take out pizza as well.
Homemade pizza is the tastiest kind because you can use your favorite ingredients. Low fat cheese and roasted vegetables make a great topping and you can add extra flavor with fresh herbs. Using turkey sausage or low fat ground beef means you can cut back on the excess calories you would find in a delivery pizza without sacrificing any flavor.
There are a lot of healthy pizza recipes, which are simple to make. Many people who want to enjoy a healthy diet or serve their family healthy meals automatically eliminate pizza from their weekly meal plan by categorizing it as a fast food. By using top quality ingredients, keeping the crust thin and the toppings healthy, you can make your own healthy pizza for the whole family to enjoy.
Leave a Reply
- Homemade Italian Sausage and Spinach Calzone May 7, 2016
- Classic Italian Chicken Saltimbocca April 22, 2016
- Hunter Style Baked Italian Chicken Cacciatore April 6, 2016
- Wild Mushroom Boletus Italian Style Soup April 3, 2016
- Vegetarian Pasta Primavera with Fettuccine March 30, 2016
- Roman Style Saltimbocca Alla Romana with Polenta March 25, 2016
- Classic Italian Dishes – Parmigiana Eggplant March 25, 2016
- Authentic Vegetarian Italian Asparagus Risotto March 23, 2016
- Rotisserie Chicken and Vegetable Risotto March 19, 2016
- Citrus Feta Cheese Risotto with Spinach March 18, 2016
- One of the Best Vegetarian Lasagna Recipes with Ricotta Cheese (410774 Views)
- Home (146725 Views)
- Best Pizza Sauce for Home Made Pizza (70616 Views)
- Crispy Chicken Milanese with Herb (29037 Views)
- Authentic Clams Oreganata (21289 Views)
- The Best Bechamel in the World (15162 Views)
- Authentic Old World Italian Pizza Dough Recipe (14165 Views)
- Lasagna Rollups in the Slow Cooker (11950 Views)
- Just How Far Ahead Can I Make Lasagna (11760 Views)
- Classic Lasagna with Creamy Bechamel Sauce (11515 Views)