How to Make Pizza like a Pro
Pizza is a wonderfully versatile dish and there are many different types available, both to buy and to make yourself. You can choose from thin crust or thick crust, white or whole wheat and you can even make a great yeast free pizza crust or stuffed crust variety.
Pizza requires different cooking temperatures and times, depending on the ingredients in the crust and the toppings as well as the depth of the pizza. You should cool baked pizza on a wire rack for a few minutes before cutting it so the cooked cheese can set a little and the crust stays crisp. This is because there will be steam trapped between the pan and the hot pizza.
How to Make Your Own Pizza from Scratch
First of all, you need to know how to make pizza crust. Recipes for pizza crust vary and some contain just a few ingredients, perhaps oil, water, yeast, and flour. Other pizza crust recipes might contain Parmesan cheese, garlic, onion or herbs and do not forget stuffed crust pizza recipes. By stretching the dough up the sides of the pizza pan and rolling a length of string cheese around the top, you can make your own stuffed crust pizza.
Learning how to make your own pizza is less complicated that you might think. The best thing to do is have a look at some of the pizza dough recipes and pizza recipes on this site and choose whichever appeals the most. Do not be afraid to experiment with toppings because that is half the fun of making your own pizza.
Pizza Topping Tips
Mozzarella is commonly used when making your own pizza but try other cheeses, such as provolone, fontina, feta, Monterey jack, or blue cheese for a different flavor. If you are using toppings, which would add moisture, make sure you drain them well so they do not make the pizza soggy. Rub dried herbs between your fingers before sprinkling them over the pizza to release the flavor oils.
How to Make Thin Crust Pizza
Some thin crust pizza recipes contain yeast and others do not. A perfect thin crust pizza should be crispy and crunchy. Making thin crust pizza dough is similar to the process used for making thick crust pizza dough. Remember to roll out your dough slightly larger than you want it because pizza dough shrinks slightly in the oven.
How to Make Pizza on the Barbecue
If you want to know how to make pizza on the barbecue or how to make pizza on the grill, the good news is that this is easy as well as a lot of fun! Pizza cooks best on a hot fire so wait until the ash is gray or white. If you use a gas grill, it should be on its highest setting. Roll out your pizza dough and use a big spatula to slide it on to the hot grill.
The dough will start to bubble after a while and you should pop the bubbles with a fork. When the dough starts to change color, remove it and flip it over, cooked side up. Coat the pizza crust with olive oil, then your favorite toppings. Slide a floured spatula under the pizza and place it toppings side up on the grill. Cover the grill.
It is important to check the pizza every couple of minutes so it does not burn. When the toppings are cooked, the pizza is ready. Use the large spatula to remove the pizza from the grill and serve.
A wonderful selection of healthy vegetarian pizza choices for topping that next pizza. Pizza is a wonderfully versatile food that is so popular it even has its own section in the “Yellow Pages” no other food group can say this. It is as international yet as American as hot dogs and hamburgers are. We hope you find the pizza making help you need in our pizza articles section and that perfect recipe to go with that new found knowledge.
Leave a Reply
- Homemade Italian Sausage and Spinach Calzone May 7, 2016
- Classic Italian Chicken Saltimbocca April 22, 2016
- Hunter Style Baked Italian Chicken Cacciatore April 6, 2016
- Wild Mushroom Boletus Italian Style Soup April 3, 2016
- Vegetarian Pasta Primavera with Fettuccine March 30, 2016
- Roman Style Saltimbocca Alla Romana with Polenta March 25, 2016
- Classic Italian Dishes – Parmigiana Eggplant March 25, 2016
- Authentic Vegetarian Italian Asparagus Risotto March 23, 2016
- Rotisserie Chicken and Vegetable Risotto March 19, 2016
- Citrus Feta Cheese Risotto with Spinach March 18, 2016
- One of the Best Vegetarian Lasagna Recipes with Ricotta Cheese (404501 Views)
- Home (142076 Views)
- Best Pizza Sauce for Home Made Pizza (64881 Views)
- Crispy Chicken Milanese with Herb (27742 Views)
- Authentic Clams Oreganata (20426 Views)
- The Best Bechamel in the World (14868 Views)
- Authentic Old World Italian Pizza Dough Recipe (13707 Views)
- Lasagna Rollups in the Slow Cooker (11782 Views)
- Just How Far Ahead Can I Make Lasagna (11333 Views)
- Classic Lasagna with Creamy Bechamel Sauce (11326 Views)