This artichoke pie is versatile enough to be a snack or complete meal, but consider serving a thin wedge as an appetizer before a meat entrée. We are using canned artichoke hearts but if you prefer to use cooked fresh artichoke you can do that. We are also using parmesan and mozzarella cheeses, eggs, breadcrumbs, garlic, and a piecrust. Enjoy this warm from the oven or cold. It goes to show how tasty an Italian vegetarian appetizer can be, and everyone will enjoy the amazing flavors.
This does not take long to prepare but it does need about 45 minutes to bake. You can tell when it is done because the top will be golden brown and the aroma will be incredible. Your whole kitchen is going to smell amazing when you make this. As you can see, all the ingredients are typically Italian, so of course the end flavor will be Italian as well. If you want to tweak the recipe you can add spinach, ham or fresh sliced tomatoes, or you might want to use marinated artichokes instead of plain ones for a slightly richer flavor in the finished pie.
This is a very simple pie and you need very few ingredients. Some people prefer to make their own piecrust but it is easier just to buy a readymade 9-inch pie crust and use that. If you want to make this a low-carb recipe just omit the piecrust altogether and use a lightly oiled baking dish instead, so you end up with a crustless pie. If you do not want to serve this as an appetizer, consider a wedge of the pie with some salad for lunch. This serves 8 as an appetizer or perhaps 4 as an entrée with a side dish. Continue reading
This traditional Italian clam dish is often served as an appetizer. Made with breadcrumb-topped clams, this dish is baked in the oven until the topping is crispy. Lemon wedges are usually served with clams oreganata because the flavor of lemon really complements the clams. Simple yet totally delicious, taste this recipe and you will know why this is such a classic Italian appetizer. The flavor and texture are excellent, and this is a gourmet treat despite the fact it is so easy to prepare.
This is worthy of being a dinner party appetizer, or you could just make it to impress the family. The following recipe is the traditional way of making it, but if you want, you can cook a few bacon strips until the fat renders off, then chop it and combine it with the stuffing. Another tweak is to swap the breadcrumbs for Ritz cracker crumbs. Either of those is a tasty option. You are the cook, so it is your choice whether to add the bacon or leave it out for a more authentic result.
If you are new to cooking fresh clams, rest assured they are very simple to work with. Although some clam recipes call for steaming the shellfish, this one calls for baking them for a couple of minutes to coax the shells open, and then you can make and add the breadcrumb topping, stuff the clams with it, and then broil them until the topping is crispy. Keep an eye on them while cooking. You do not want your tasty clams oreganata to burn. Continue reading
- Homemade Italian Sausage and Spinach Calzone May 7, 2016
- Classic Italian Chicken Saltimbocca April 22, 2016
- Hunter Style Baked Italian Chicken Cacciatore April 6, 2016
- Wild Mushroom Boletus Italian Style Soup April 3, 2016
- Vegetarian Pasta Primavera with Fettuccine March 30, 2016
- Roman Style Saltimbocca Alla Romana with Polenta March 25, 2016
- Classic Italian Dishes – Parmigiana Eggplant March 25, 2016
- Authentic Vegetarian Italian Asparagus Risotto March 23, 2016
- Rotisserie Chicken and Vegetable Risotto March 19, 2016
- Citrus Feta Cheese Risotto with Spinach March 18, 2016
- One of the Best Vegetarian Lasagna Recipes with Ricotta Cheese (404460 Views)
- Home (142043 Views)
- Best Pizza Sauce for Home Made Pizza (64822 Views)
- Crispy Chicken Milanese with Herb (27739 Views)
- Authentic Clams Oreganata (20422 Views)
- The Best Bechamel in the World (14865 Views)
- Authentic Old World Italian Pizza Dough Recipe (13701 Views)
- Lasagna Rollups in the Slow Cooker (11782 Views)
- Just How Far Ahead Can I Make Lasagna (11330 Views)
- Classic Lasagna with Creamy Bechamel Sauce (11326 Views)