Hearty 10 Layer Crockpot Lasagna Recipes
Something you might have noticed about lasagna is that it is usually square or rectangular, and lasagna noodles are also rectangular, but what about crockpots? A lot of crockpots are round, although some people choose oval ones since they can cook a whole chicken in there. If you are using a crockpot to cook lasagna though, you can simply break the lasagna noodles up and overlap them to fit the crockpot. This makes no difference to the finished lasagna.
You can cut some portions into squares but the rest will have rounded edges, which does not detract from the lasagna at all. In fact it gives it a charming homemade look. The following recipe features pasta sauce and you can use your favorite pasta sauce or spaghetti sauce from a jar or you can make your own.
The recipe also features ground beef so if you are using a sauce which contains beef you can omit this ingredient or use less. This recipe features ten layers of lasagna noodles, since some people like a lot of pasta in their lasagna. You can have as many or as few layers as you like though, so if you only want five or you fancy twenty, go for it!
- 1½ lbs pasta sauce
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 oz shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup water
- 1 egg
- 1 lb ricotta cheese
- 1 package uncooked lasagna noodles
- ½ cup grated Parmesan, plus extra for serving
- 10 cherry tomatoes (halved, to serve)
- Brown the meat in skillet and drain off the fat.
- Stir in the sauce and water.
- Combine the ricotta with 2 tablespoons of the parmesan, 1½ cups of the mozzarella, the egg, parsley, and pepper in a bowl.
- Spoon a cup of the meat sauce into the crockpot, and then top it with noodle layers.
- Top that with some of the cheese mixture.
- Alternate these layers until you have used all the ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 hours or until the liquid is absorbed.
- Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and let the lasagna stand for 10 minutes so the cheese can melt.
- Serve with extra parmesan and cherry tomatoes.
This picture looks good enough to make your mouth water. You do not have to garnish the finished dish with a pickled chili pepper like in the picture, or even with the tomatoes, but they do add color and freshness. This delicious lasagna recipe is ideal for those who love plenty of pasta and plenty of meat. You could add some vegetables to this meaty, cheesy lasagna, or you could just focus on the hearty meat sauce and the wonderful layers of perfectly cooked lasagna noodles. Serve this alone or with a salad or garlic bread. It is pretty good reheated for lunch the following day too.
Current average ratings.
Leave a Reply
- No Results for Our Top Rated Articles
- One of the Best Vegetarian Lasagna Recipes with Ricotta Cheese (6092 Views)
- Home (2466 Views)
- Lasagna Rollups in the Slow Cooker (2055 Views)
- Simple Beef and Tomato Crockpot Lasagna (597 Views)
- The Best Bechamel in the World (552 Views)
- Greek Moussaka Ingredient – A Greek Lasagna (538 Views)
- Hearty 10 Layer Crockpot Lasagna Recipes (482 Views)
- Crockpot Lasagna Recipe with Eggplant and 4 Cheeses (457 Views)
- Chicken Lasagna Recipes (453 Views)
- Making Easy Lasagna Recipe is Easy and Entertaining (432 Views)