A Traditional Cheese Lasagna Recipe
Everyone has their own special appetites when it comes to the types of foods they like to eat. For instance, some people may enjoy rich and cheesy lasagna recipes and others might prefer veggie lasagna. Others may have a particular vegetable or meat they prefer. For instance, some might prefer eggplant lasagna to turkey lasagna for dinner. It all just depends on what you and your family might like to experience while eating.
If you enjoy making a traditional meal of lasagna that includes various different cheeses, you might enjoy this western inspired traditional cheese lasagna recipe. It is easy enough to make when you have all the ingredients you need. Some of the ingredients you will need to make this lasagna recipe may already be waiting for you in the kitchen. These are common everyday ingredients that you might grow in a garden or buy at the grocery store.
They include of course, some lasagna noodles, some meat such as hamburger or ground beef, some onion, garlic, basil, oregano, marjoram and tomato sauce and some tomato paste. You will also need some Muenster, mozzarella and parmesan cheese. You may also consider adapting the recipe to suit your particular cravings for a homemade lasagna recipe.
- 1 packaged cooked lasagna noodles
- 1 pound hamburger or ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 diced garlic clove
- 1 large cans tomato sauce
- 1 medium can tomato paste
- 1 ½ cups hot water
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 ½ teaspoon marjoram
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups shredded Muenster cheese
- Using a large saucepan over a medium high heat, you will add the hamburger or ground beef, chopped onion and diced garlic clove. Cook to brown the meat.
- Reserve ⅓ cup tomato sauce, while adding the remaining tomato sauce to the hamburger or ground beef you have cooking on the stove. Stir in the tomato paste and hot water. Stir to combine. Add the basil, oregano, and marjoram. Stir well and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and allow simmering for about 5 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare the lasagna noodles by following the directions on the box. Drain and rinse, set aside until needed.
- Pour the reserved tomato sauce into the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch baking dish and spread evenly. Add a layer of lasagna noodles while overlapping the edges and then add a layer of lasagna meat sauce. Sprinkle with a layer each of grated parmesan cheese, shredded mozzarella cheese and shredded Muenster cheese. Repeat layering process until ending with the last layer of cheeses.
- Place in the preheated oven to bake for about 40 to 50 minutes or until done. Remove from heat and allow the dish to cool for about 10 to 15 minutes before cutting and serving.
If you love serving your family a delicious meal, you will want to learn how to make some rich and cheesy lasagna recipes. You will need several ingredients to prepare this dish. However, lasagna recipes are not difficult to prepare. Many of them are easy enough, you can teach the kids how to make them, or they can help you prepare them at home. Sometimes, nothing else can hit the spot and satisfy the appetite in the same way as a homemade lasagna recipe. Learn how to make a traditional cheesy lasagna recipe today and watch the smiles appear.
Leave a Reply
- Homemade Italian Sausage and Spinach Calzone May 7, 2016
- Classic Italian Chicken Saltimbocca April 22, 2016
- Hunter Style Baked Italian Chicken Cacciatore April 6, 2016
- Wild Mushroom Boletus Italian Style Soup April 3, 2016
- Vegetarian Pasta Primavera with Fettuccine March 30, 2016
- Roman Style Saltimbocca Alla Romana with Polenta March 25, 2016
- Classic Italian Dishes – Parmigiana Eggplant March 25, 2016
- Authentic Vegetarian Italian Asparagus Risotto March 23, 2016
- Rotisserie Chicken and Vegetable Risotto March 19, 2016
- Citrus Feta Cheese Risotto with Spinach March 18, 2016
- One of the Best Vegetarian Lasagna Recipes with Ricotta Cheese (403227 Views)
- Home (141167 Views)
- Best Pizza Sauce for Home Made Pizza (63501 Views)
- Crispy Chicken Milanese with Herb (27501 Views)
- Authentic Clams Oreganata (20254 Views)
- The Best Bechamel in the World (14802 Views)
- Authentic Old World Italian Pizza Dough Recipe (13621 Views)
- Lasagna Rollups in the Slow Cooker (11737 Views)
- Classic Lasagna with Creamy Bechamel Sauce (11295 Views)
- Just How Far Ahead Can I Make Lasagna (11249 Views)