Adapting Easy Meat Lasagna Recipes to Suit Your Cravings
Making homemade lasagna is not that different from making any other type of homemade meal. You can find a wide assortment of different types of lasagna recipes you can make at home. Some of them may only call for just a few ingredients to prepare the dish. Others may call for many other ingredients in order to prepare it at home for your family.
One of the best things about learning how to cook is that you can adapt the recipe to suit yourself. For instance adapting lasagna recipes to suit your cravings and the cravings of your family can produce some interesting and tasty meals. For instance, here is a good example of a lasagna recipe that is easily adaptable. You can use Italian sausage, hamburger, or ground beef if you like.
Another way to adapt this recipe is by using either ricotta cheese or creamed cottage cheese. Of course, you can always adapt this lasagna recipe by using the type of shredded cheese you and your family prefer. For instance, this recipe calls for shredded mozzarella cheese. However, if you and your family would prefer, you can substitute it for shredded cheddar cheese or even some shredded American cheese.
- 1 pound Italian sausage, hamburger, or ground beef
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 1 pressed garlic clove
- 1 large cans whole tomatoes
- 1 large cans tomato sauce
- 2 Tablespoons parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 box cooked lasagna noodles
- 2 cups ricotta cheese or creamed cottage cheese
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 Tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons oregano
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- To make the lasagna meat sauce you will add the pound Italian sausage, hamburger or ground beef, chopped onion and the pressed garlic clove into a large saucepan or skillet. Cook until the meat is light brown. Drain and dispose of the grease.
- Add the can whole tomatoes with the liquid and the tomato sauce, the 2 tablespoons parsley flakes, sugar, dried basil and salt. Stir occasionally while bringing to a boil. Reduce heat. Simmer for about 1 hour uncovered until the mixture becomes a thick consistency of spaghetti sauce. Remember to reserve ½ cup lasagna meat sauce for the lasagna topping.
- Cook the lasagna noodles according to the directions on the box. Rinse, drain, and lay flat. Cover and set aside until needed.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Using a small to medium size mixing bowl you will combine the ricotta cheese or creamed cottage cheese, grated parmesan cheese, parsley flakes, salt and oregano. Blend well and then set aside until needed.
- Using an un-greased 9 x 13 inch baking pan or casserole dish you will add a thin layer of lasagna meat sauce along the bottom evenly. Add a layer of cooked lasagna noodles, while taking care to overlap the edges of the noodles while layering them in the pan.
- Add a layer of mozzarella cheese and then a layer of the ricotta cheese or creamed cottage cheese mixture. Repeat the process two times. Add the reserved lasagna meat sauce to the top and then sprinkle on the remaining parmesan cheese.
- Place in preheated oven to bake for about 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 45 minutes. Remove from heat and allow the dish to stand for about 10 to 15 minutes before cutting and serving.
This is a delicious cheesy, meaty, and tasty lasagna recipe that you might like to prepare for your family. It is much like any other type of homemade lasagna, since you can adapt this lasagna recipe to suit the cravings of you and your family. You can make it just as it is or you can add or substitute one ingredient for another. However, it is delicious just as it is here. If you have everything you need, you can make it now and have it waiting for your family at meal time.
Leave a Reply
- Homemade Italian Sausage and Spinach Calzone May 7, 2016
- Classic Italian Chicken Saltimbocca April 22, 2016
- Hunter Style Baked Italian Chicken Cacciatore April 6, 2016
- Wild Mushroom Boletus Italian Style Soup April 3, 2016
- Vegetarian Pasta Primavera with Fettuccine March 30, 2016
- Roman Style Saltimbocca Alla Romana with Polenta March 25, 2016
- Classic Italian Dishes – Parmigiana Eggplant March 25, 2016
- Authentic Vegetarian Italian Asparagus Risotto March 23, 2016
- Rotisserie Chicken and Vegetable Risotto March 19, 2016
- Citrus Feta Cheese Risotto with Spinach March 18, 2016
- One of the Best Vegetarian Lasagna Recipes with Ricotta Cheese (410778 Views)
- Home (146726 Views)
- Best Pizza Sauce for Home Made Pizza (70616 Views)
- Crispy Chicken Milanese with Herb (29037 Views)
- Authentic Clams Oreganata (21289 Views)
- The Best Bechamel in the World (15162 Views)
- Authentic Old World Italian Pizza Dough Recipe (14167 Views)
- Lasagna Rollups in the Slow Cooker (11950 Views)
- Just How Far Ahead Can I Make Lasagna (11760 Views)
- Classic Lasagna with Creamy Bechamel Sauce (11515 Views)