Chicken Lasagna Recipes
If you and your family and friends enjoy trying out various types of chicken and vegetable recipes, you might like to learn how to make this delicious chicken and vegetable lasagna. If you and your family enjoy lasagna as well as chicken and various types of vegetables, this is the recipe for you. It may seem challenging to make; however, this is an easy to make lasagna recipe. It will make a great meal for lunchtime or dinner.
Another wonderful idea for making such a great tasting dish is to make it to take with you when you are attending a potluck dinner or even a social event. Just about, everyone loves lasagna. When you take this recipe with you to serve to others at such functions, you may find that you will not have to worry about taking home any leftovers. So making one to take with you and another to stay at home is a good idea too.
If you love traditional lasagna recipes, you will enjoy this chicken lasagna as well. It makes for a nice change of pace when you enjoy eating with family on lasagna night. Why not surprise your family and friends with a new and flavorful dish of homemade chicken and vegetable lasagna tonight?
- 1 package cooked lasagna noodles
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 2 ½ Tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 3 Tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 1 ½ teaspoons tarragon
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 2 sliced carrots
- ½ cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 sliced zucchini
- 1 cup diced broccoli
- 2 Tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 pound shredded mozzarella cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Follow the directions on the box of lasagna to have it ready for layering in the lasagna dish. Drain the fluid and lay flat. Cover and set aside until needed.
- Boil the skinless, boneless chicken breasts until done. Remove from heat and allow cooling. After cooling to the touch; cut the meat into bite size pieces of about 1 inch diameter.
- Add the butter or margarine into a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the chopped onion and sauté until softened. Stir in the flour. Reduce heat to low and stir continually for about 1 or 2 minutes. Gradually stir in the basil, thyme, and tarragon.
- Add the chicken stock and milk, stir to combine. Boil for about 1 minute. Add the chicken and stir to combine. Cook for about 3 or 4 minutes. Gradually add the carrots, sliced mushrooms, sliced zucchini and diced broccoli. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to low. Simmer for about 10 minutes. Add the chopped parsley, salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove chicken and vegetable mixture from the heat. Add just enough lasagna sauce into the bottom of a 10 x 12 inch baking pan.
- Add a layer of cooked lasagna noodles to the bottom of the baking pan. Pour a layer of the chicken and vegetable mixture on top of the noodles. Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella cheese. Repeat process two more times.
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil. Place in preheated oven to bake for about 35 to 40 minutes. Uncover and return to oven on broil for about 5 minutes. Remove from oven and allow the dish to stand for about 10 to 15 minutes before cutting and serving.
This is delicious chicken and vegetable lasagna that you and your family might enjoy eating. If you love to cook and nothing makes you happier than making a nutritious homemade meal to serve to your family, you should consider adding this delicious lasagna recipe to your recipe collection. It tastes great and even though you need a few ingredients to make it, it does not take up that much time to prepare. If you have what you need, you can make your family a great tasting and enjoyable meal of chicken and vegetable lasagna. Surprise your family with some lasagna tonight!
Leave a Reply
- Homemade Italian Sausage and Spinach Calzone May 7, 2016
- Classic Italian Chicken Saltimbocca April 22, 2016
- Hunter Style Baked Italian Chicken Cacciatore April 6, 2016
- Wild Mushroom Boletus Italian Style Soup April 3, 2016
- Vegetarian Pasta Primavera with Fettuccine March 30, 2016
- Roman Style Saltimbocca Alla Romana with Polenta March 25, 2016
- Classic Italian Dishes – Parmigiana Eggplant March 25, 2016
- Authentic Vegetarian Italian Asparagus Risotto March 23, 2016
- Rotisserie Chicken and Vegetable Risotto March 19, 2016
- Citrus Feta Cheese Risotto with Spinach March 18, 2016
- One of the Best Vegetarian Lasagna Recipes with Ricotta Cheese (411653 Views)
- Home (147518 Views)
- Best Pizza Sauce for Home Made Pizza (71662 Views)
- Crispy Chicken Milanese with Herb (29262 Views)
- Authentic Clams Oreganata (21402 Views)
- The Best Bechamel in the World (15210 Views)
- Authentic Old World Italian Pizza Dough Recipe (14210 Views)
- Lasagna Rollups in the Slow Cooker (11971 Views)
- Just How Far Ahead Can I Make Lasagna (11809 Views)
- Classic Lasagna with Creamy Bechamel Sauce (11542 Views)