Easy Mexican-Inspired Lasagna Recipe
Mexican Lasagna is a real treat for dinner on any night. If you are looking for an easy Mexican lasagna recipe then you will like the one featured below it is a fast and easy recipe to make, and the flavor is great. This lasagna is not only great for dinner but is also a great dish to take to a potluck or reunion. Follow this recipe and watch how fast it disappears once served. Do you have finicky eaters in your home, or teenagers who love Mexican food? Then this easy Mexican lasagna recipe should be in your recipe file.
Combining deliciously spiced ground beef, shredded cheese, nacho chips, and salsa, this is made with the perfect ingredients that everyone loves. This layered lasagna has just the right amount of spiciness and melted cheese goodness that kids will be begging for more. For that matter, so will the adults. It has comfort food written all over it and is the perfect quick dinner entrée. This recipe’s preparation time is only about 15 minutes and the baking time is around half an hour.
This wonderful cheesy Mexican lasagna recipe will go great with an easy avocado salad. Serve refreshing iced tea or lemonade to quench the thirst and you have the perfect meal choice. This Mexican lasagna recipe is full of healthy calcium, protein and it is also a great source of fiber. Even the youngest family member will love it. The next time you are feeling like Mexican food, try this easy Mexican lasagna recipe. You and your family will be glad you did, because it blends Italian and Mexican cuisines seamlessly and the result is just perfect.
- 1 lb ground beef
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2½ cups chunky salsa
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar
- 1 drained 7 oz can sliced pitted ripe olives
- 1 drained 7 oz can whole kernel corn
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ chopped green bell pepper
- 1 lb cottage cheese
- Large bag of tortilla chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Brown the ground beef in a large skillet over a medium heat and drain off the fat.
- Return the meat to skillet and add the onions and peppers.
- Cook until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add the salsa, corn and seasonings, and mix well.
- Layer ⅓ of the meat mixture and ½ each of the tortilla chips and cottage cheese in a 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- Repeat these layers and cover with the remaining meat sauce.
- Sprinkle with cheese and olives.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until it is heated through and the cheese is bubbly.
What do you do if you cannot decide between Mexican and Italian for dinner? The answer is to find a dish combining both cuisines, offering the best of both, and that is how we came up with this mouthwatering Mexican take on the classic lasagna recipe. Swapping the lasagna noodles for tortilla chips and adding cumin, chili and corn to the mixture ensures south of the border appeal, while the tomato sauce is swapped for salsa, and the meaty beef, cheese and onion enhance the flavor further. This is a hearty and well-balanced dish which is nice served with a salad on the side.
Leave a Reply
- Homemade Italian Sausage and Spinach Calzone May 7, 2016
- Classic Italian Chicken Saltimbocca April 22, 2016
- Hunter Style Baked Italian Chicken Cacciatore April 6, 2016
- Wild Mushroom Boletus Italian Style Soup April 3, 2016
- Vegetarian Pasta Primavera with Fettuccine March 30, 2016
- Roman Style Saltimbocca Alla Romana with Polenta March 25, 2016
- Classic Italian Dishes – Parmigiana Eggplant March 25, 2016
- Authentic Vegetarian Italian Asparagus Risotto March 23, 2016
- Rotisserie Chicken and Vegetable Risotto March 19, 2016
- Citrus Feta Cheese Risotto with Spinach March 18, 2016
- One of the Best Vegetarian Lasagna Recipes with Ricotta Cheese (404202 Views)
- Home (141877 Views)
- Best Pizza Sauce for Home Made Pizza (64562 Views)
- Crispy Chicken Milanese with Herb (27674 Views)
- Authentic Clams Oreganata (20401 Views)
- The Best Bechamel in the World (14847 Views)
- Authentic Old World Italian Pizza Dough Recipe (13686 Views)
- Lasagna Rollups in the Slow Cooker (11772 Views)
- Classic Lasagna with Creamy Bechamel Sauce (11319 Views)
- Just How Far Ahead Can I Make Lasagna (11314 Views)