Beef and Sausage Lasagna Recipe
There are many different types of delicious and meaty lasagna recipes. The following lasagna with beef and sausage you can learn how to make at home. Learning how to prepare a new dish can be exciting and you never know just when you might come across that one special recipe that will become a family favorite. Our family loves to eat lasagna and we like trying new lasagna recipes just to see what they taste like.
Your family might enjoy eating a delicious homemade meal such as our mouthwatering sausage and beef lasagna recipe. It is full of three different cheeses as well, so if your family desires the cheesiest lasagna they can get on a plate, this might just be the lasagna recipe you are searching for all this time. You can make it while using boxed lasagna noodles or you might want to learn how to make them at home too.
One of the best things about these types of lasagna recipes is that they are easy to make recipes that you can use to impress the taste buds in your family. Actually, the recipes here are so easy you might want to teach your children how to cook them too. Making and taking along this lasagna recipe for family reunions and potluck dinners is a winning idea.
- 1 package cooked lasagna noodles
- 1 pound cooked chopped sausage
- 1 pound cooked chopped hamburger or ground beef
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large diced onion
- 1 chopped garlic clove
- ½ medium diced green pepper
- 2 cans sliced mushrooms
- 1 large container small curd cottage cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups grated parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ chopped parsley
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Using a heavy skillet add the pound of sausage, cook well. Chop or crumble the meat into a large mixing bowl. Add the pound of hamburger or ground beef to the heavy skillet. Cook well, chop, or crumble the meat into the large bowl. Mix sausage and beef well. Cover and then sit aside until needed.
- Wipe out the heavy skillet with clean paper towels or use separate saucepan. Add the olive oil into the skillet of saucepan over a medium high heat. Stir in the diced onion, chopped garlic clove and then stir in the diced green pepper. Sauté until vegetables are tender. Remove from heat, set aside until needed.
- Using a medium size mixing bowl, you will combine the small curd cottage cheese, eggs, grated parmesan cheese, pepper, and chopped parsley. After cooling the mixture, stir in the mushrooms. Cover and set aside until needed.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare your lasagna pan or baking dish by lightly spraying it with cooking spray or you can lightly grease it with vegetable oil.
- Cook the lasagna noodles according to the directions on the label. Drain and rinse the noodles. Cover and set aside until needed.
- Mix together the spaghetti sauce and the tomato paste to create a thicker lasagna sauce in a medium size measuring pitcher.
- Combine the shredded cheddar cheese and shredded mozzarella cheese or you can purchase a bag of shredded cheeses, a combination of both cheeses if you like.
- Cover the bottom of the prepared lasagna pan or baking dish with some lasagna sauce. Arrange a layer of lasagna noodles, while overlapping the edges of the noodles. Add a light layer of lasagna sauce. Next add a thin layer of the cottage cheese mixture. Add a layer of the meat mixture and then a layer of the mushroom vegetable mixture. Sprinkle the shredded cheeses within the layers of the lasagna as you work.
- Repeat process, while spreading a thin layer of lasagna sauce over the top and then sprinkling on the remaining cheese. Place in preheated oven to bake for about 30 to 40 minutes or until the top of the dish is bubbly and golden brown in color. Allow for cooling before cutting and serving to family and friends.
If you and your family love spending time with one another while dinning at home, you might like to learn how to make some of our delicious lasagna recipes. You can make them at home and the homemade lasagna you make will taste better than any store bought lasagna you might buy at the store. We have many different types of delicious and meaty lasagna recipes you can make. You can make them with common ingredients and they do not take that long to prepare. Just imagine sitting down to dinner with your family and enjoying this mouthwatering sausage and beef lasagna recipe.
Leave a Reply
- One of the Best Vegetarian Lasagna Recipes with Ricotta Cheese (77540 Views)
- Home (15099 Views)
- Lasagna Rollups in the Slow Cooker (3825 Views)
- Classic Lasagna with Creamy Bechamel Sauce (3569 Views)
- Easy Recipe for Italian Lasagna (2678 Views)
- Greek Moussaka Ingredient – A Greek Lasagna (2492 Views)
- The Best Bechamel in the World (2470 Views)
- Simple Beef and Tomato Crockpot Lasagna (2429 Views)
- Hearty 10 Layer Crockpot Lasagna Recipes (2417 Views)
- Spicy Chicken Fettuccine (2115 Views)