Fancy Rolled Lasagna Recipe and Cooking Tips
Lasagna is delicious and quite simple to prepare at home. Take advantage of the great shortcut of prepared sauces with different flavors, available in cans or jars. Add additional herbs and spices to the sauce if you want, such as garlic powder, basil, or thyme. Buy the meat sauce or cook up the meat of your choice and add it to your sauce while it is warming up. Add chopped garlic, celery and bell peppers for extra flavor.
Always wash raw veggies and herbs before cooking or eating them. The pesticides, field dirt, and bacteria may still be present. Peel the carrots and potatoes after you wash them. It is such an advantage to do the prep work and eliminate the chance of digestive problems. When you find a reliable produce market, be a faithful customer.
The number of servings listed in a recipe is a guideline. If you realize that the lasagna in the oven will not satisfy the family appetite, think of side dishes and serve them as appetizers, such as minestrone soup and a green salad with tomatoes, kidney beans, and garlic croutons. That will help ease the hollow feeling while the lasagna finishes cooking. Making several different lasagna recipes helps you discover which ones you and the famil6y like best and how much to cook. Lasagna freezes very well and only needs a short time in the oven or microwave before it is ready to eat.
- 8 lasagna noodles
- 1 jar marinara sauce
- 1 pound fresh spinach, chopped
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces ricotta
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add 8 lasagna noodles and cook according to the directions. Remove when done and place flat on a baking sheet.
- Heat a tablespoon of hot oil in a medium skillet and sauté the onion. Add the marinara sauce and oregano. Stir and let simmer for 30 minutes.
- Chop the spinach and put it in a bowl with a quarter-cup water. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave 4 minutes. Remove the wrap slightly and drain. Blot the spinach with paper towels to remove more liquid.
- Add the salt, pepper, nutmeg, ricotta, and parmesan cheese and mix with the spinach.
- Put a thin layer of sauce on one side of each noodle. Evenly distribute the spinach mix to each noodle and spread it out over the sauce.
- Roll each noodle up and place it in the baking dish with the edge left from rolling on the bottom. The weight of the mix will help hold it firm. Set the rolls near each other for stability. Pour the remaining marinara sauce over the rolls and bake for 20 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and let sit 5 minutes before serving.
Imagine the creativity of the food artist who thought of this idea! It is like having a great burrito, except made with lasagna noodles wrapped around embracing the delicious things that create lasagna. Whether this dish is for a special family event or the next church potluck, it will be a hit and asked for time after time. A special marinara sauce adds to the flavor and holds the shape together. Spinach and delicious cheeses are a creative way to add to the flavor. The appeal is wonderful and the aroma of baked fresh lasagna wafting through the house incredible.
Leave a Reply
- Homemade Italian Sausage and Spinach Calzone May 7, 2016
- Classic Italian Chicken Saltimbocca April 22, 2016
- Hunter Style Baked Italian Chicken Cacciatore April 6, 2016
- Wild Mushroom Boletus Italian Style Soup April 3, 2016
- Vegetarian Pasta Primavera with Fettuccine March 30, 2016
- Roman Style Saltimbocca Alla Romana with Polenta March 25, 2016
- Classic Italian Dishes – Parmigiana Eggplant March 25, 2016
- Authentic Vegetarian Italian Asparagus Risotto March 23, 2016
- Rotisserie Chicken and Vegetable Risotto March 19, 2016
- Citrus Feta Cheese Risotto with Spinach March 18, 2016
- One of the Best Vegetarian Lasagna Recipes with Ricotta Cheese (404799 Views)
- Home (142306 Views)
- Best Pizza Sauce for Home Made Pizza (65165 Views)
- Crispy Chicken Milanese with Herb (27806 Views)
- Authentic Clams Oreganata (20454 Views)
- The Best Bechamel in the World (14886 Views)
- Authentic Old World Italian Pizza Dough Recipe (13731 Views)
- Lasagna Rollups in the Slow Cooker (11790 Views)
- Just How Far Ahead Can I Make Lasagna (11354 Views)
- Classic Lasagna with Creamy Bechamel Sauce (11334 Views)