Fantastic Spinach Lasagna Rolls
These easy Italian Lasagna rolls are an easy dinner recipe that your family will simply love. In just a matter of a few easy steps you can create this easy and beautiful meal. The flavor of this easy Italian Lasagna rolls recipe is so delectable too. Even the kids will devour this delicious dish and never complain about the spinach! It is a great way to get iron and fiber rich nutrients into the diet of any picky child. It is such a creamy dish with the melted cheeses and sauce, that you might even catch the kids scraping the pan.
The best way to really appreciate this easy Italian Lasagna rolls recipe is to use the freshest ingredients possible. The freshness of the ingredients will really enhance the infused flavors. Try to use at least 80% lean ground beef and fresh parsley with this recipe. You will be pleasantly amazed at the surprising results in the overall taste.
You will want fresh button mushrooms as well, making sure they are firm to the touch. This will give the sauce a decidedly earthy taste that really goes well in this recipe. The fresh grated Parmesan cheese will be the final ingredient to really make this recipe superb.
- 2 10 ounce packages frozen spinach
- 1 large can crushed tomatoes
- 1 ½ lbs lean ground beef
- 3 ½ cups fresh mushrooms sliced
- 2 cups onion, finely diced
- 1 tsp. Minced garlic
- 3 small cans tomato paste
- 2 cups water
- ½ cup fresh Parsley finely chopped
- 1 ½ tsp. Oregano
- 1 ½ tsp. Basil
- ½ tsp. Pepper
- 1 medium carton Ricotta
- 12 ounces shredded Mozzarella
- 3 eggs
- 8 T grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 box Lasagna noodles cooked and drained
- Put Spinach in a 3-4 quart Dutch oven and let cook on medium about 4 minutes.
- Drain spinach and press as much liquid out as possible.
- Using a blender, blend chopped tomatoes until smooth, nearly pureed.
- Set aside. In a skillet brown ground beef, onions, and mushrooms until ground beef is done and no longer pink.
- Break up the meat until it is crumbled as it cooks.
- Drain off the grease and add meat back to skillet.
- Add blended tomatoes, garlic, tomato paste, water, oregano, and basil.
- Let simmer on low heat for approximately 25 minutes.
- Add pepper and parsley and stir.
- While the sauce is simmering, in a large bowl add spinach, Ricotta cheese, eggs, Mozzarella cheese, and ½ of the Parmesan cheese and mix well.
- Spread one lasagna noodle generously with spinach/cheese mixture and roll it up.
- In a 13 x 9 x2 pan spread a layer of sauce, making sure to generously cover bottom of pan.
- Lay rolled up lasagna noodle on top of sauce.
- Repeat until your pan is full.
- Ladle sauce generously over lasagna roll ups.
- Sprinkle generously with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in a 350 degree Fahrenheit oven for about 30 minutes, until bubbly.
- Remove and let stand 15 minutes before serving.
This will undoubtedly become a classic favorite of your family in no time. Although it takes just a bit of time the taste is well worth the effort. This recipe freezes very well so you can freeze any leftovers. You can also make a second pan of these delicious Italian Lasagna rolls and freeze for another day. Homemade and fresh is always a much better choice. Anyone who enjoys the flavor of classic lasagna will enjoy these lasagna rolls, since this is a clever spin on the classic recipe. Making these is just as simple as making a regular lasagna.
Leave a Reply
- Homemade Italian Sausage and Spinach Calzone May 7, 2016
- Classic Italian Chicken Saltimbocca April 22, 2016
- Hunter Style Baked Italian Chicken Cacciatore April 6, 2016
- Wild Mushroom Boletus Italian Style Soup April 3, 2016
- Vegetarian Pasta Primavera with Fettuccine March 30, 2016
- Roman Style Saltimbocca Alla Romana with Polenta March 25, 2016
- Classic Italian Dishes – Parmigiana Eggplant March 25, 2016
- Authentic Vegetarian Italian Asparagus Risotto March 23, 2016
- Rotisserie Chicken and Vegetable Risotto March 19, 2016
- Citrus Feta Cheese Risotto with Spinach March 18, 2016
- One of the Best Vegetarian Lasagna Recipes with Ricotta Cheese (410774 Views)
- Home (146725 Views)
- Best Pizza Sauce for Home Made Pizza (70616 Views)
- Crispy Chicken Milanese with Herb (29037 Views)
- Authentic Clams Oreganata (21289 Views)
- The Best Bechamel in the World (15162 Views)
- Authentic Old World Italian Pizza Dough Recipe (14165 Views)
- Lasagna Rollups in the Slow Cooker (11950 Views)
- Just How Far Ahead Can I Make Lasagna (11760 Views)
- Classic Lasagna with Creamy Bechamel Sauce (11515 Views)