Light and Delicious Fresh Grilled Meat Sauce Lasagna
This easy fresh grilled meat sauce Lasagna is the most flavorful lasagna dish you will ever taste. Infused with the flavor of roasted garlic and vegetables as well as fresh herbs for a heavenly taste like no other. The key to the flavor of this wonderful recipe is the freshness of the ingredients.
It is a very healthy dish with the choice ground Sirloin meat and addition of the eggplant in the sauce. The unique flavor of this fresh grilled meat sauce lasagna is one of the best you will ever taste. This lasagna is light and delicious with just enough cheese topping to make it taste absolutely perfect. With only 420 calories per serving and 12 grams of fat it fits right in for a healthy meal.
Although this fresh grilled meat sauce lasagna takes about an hour and twenty minutes total in preparation time, it is worth the effort in taste. Family and friends will appreciate the superior taste of this lasagna in comparison to a heavier lasagna laden with excessive calories. The use of ground sirloin for the meat reduces the fat grams significantly and is far healthier than the typical ground beef used.
- 1 box Lasagna Noodles
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 2 onions finely chopped
- 1 eggplant, peeled and chopped finely
- 3 stalks celery, finely minced.
- 3 tsp. finely minced garlic
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 lb. Ground sirloin
- 2 cans tomato paste
- 1 ½ cup water
- 1 16 oz. Container low fat cottage cheese
- 1 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup low fat Mozzarella cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray a 13x9x2 in baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a heavy cooking pot heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Heat the grill and grill the eggplant until tender.
- Now add garlic, onion, celery and season with a bit of salt and pepper.
- Stir. Cover and allow to cook about 12 minutes or until celery is very tender.
- Add the ground sirloin and break meat up into crumbles.
- Allow to cook until meat is brown and there is no pink.
- Add Tomato paste and water stirring to incorporate smoothly.
- Allow to cook on low for about 20 minutes.
- Check for seasoning taste and add additional salt and pepper to taste.
- As the sauce simmers place cottage cheese and ½ the Parmesan cheese in a medium bowl.
- Season with just a bit of salt and pepper.
- In prepared baking dish ladle sauce to cover bottom of baking dish.
- Lay 3-4 Lasagna noodles on top of the sauce, to cover bottom.
- Next spread cheese mixture on top of the noodles.
- Then ladle more sauce over cheese mixture.
- Repeat layers two more times and end with sauce.
- Sprinkle remaining Parmesan cheese over sauce.
- Place Mozzarella cheese over top.
- Cover Lasagna with foil loosely, tent the foil so it does not touch cheese topping.
- Bake in oven for approximately 35 minutes.
- Then remove foil and bake an additional 12 minutes.
- Cheese on top should be light golden brown.
- Allow the fresh grilled meat sauce lasagna to rest for about 15 minutes before serving.
When you want a light but very delicious meal make this fresh grilled meat sauce lasagna. It is perfect for a family get together or even a church social. It can be packed and carried easily to school luncheons or even a potluck feast. This wonderful lasagna will garner rave reviews in taste with everyone. To really compliment this delicious entree serve toasted Parmesan bread and a refreshing glass of Iced Tea.
Leave a Reply
- Homemade Italian Sausage and Spinach Calzone May 7, 2016
- Classic Italian Chicken Saltimbocca April 22, 2016
- Hunter Style Baked Italian Chicken Cacciatore April 6, 2016
- Wild Mushroom Boletus Italian Style Soup April 3, 2016
- Vegetarian Pasta Primavera with Fettuccine March 30, 2016
- Roman Style Saltimbocca Alla Romana with Polenta March 25, 2016
- Classic Italian Dishes – Parmigiana Eggplant March 25, 2016
- Authentic Vegetarian Italian Asparagus Risotto March 23, 2016
- Rotisserie Chicken and Vegetable Risotto March 19, 2016
- Citrus Feta Cheese Risotto with Spinach March 18, 2016
- One of the Best Vegetarian Lasagna Recipes with Ricotta Cheese (410880 Views)
- Home (146758 Views)
- Best Pizza Sauce for Home Made Pizza (70676 Views)
- Crispy Chicken Milanese with Herb (29047 Views)
- Authentic Clams Oreganata (21297 Views)
- The Best Bechamel in the World (15166 Views)
- Authentic Old World Italian Pizza Dough Recipe (14169 Views)
- Lasagna Rollups in the Slow Cooker (11950 Views)
- Just How Far Ahead Can I Make Lasagna (11761 Views)
- Classic Lasagna with Creamy Bechamel Sauce (11515 Views)