Tasty and Filling Turkey Lasagna
Turkey lasagna is a great alternative to traditional beef lasagna. Perfect for future family dinners, ground turkey meat and sausage are healthy alternatives to ground beef. Add flavorful mozzarella, Asiago, ricotta and other freshly grated cheeses to create this melt-in-your-mouth lasagna. Each bite yields the perfect amount of cheese taste. Cottage cheese is frequently used to substitute for ricotta, as the cottage cheese is always accessible and easier to add to the dish. Changing any cheese in a recipe will alter the taste. Make sure when creating turkey lasagna you know which cheeses you plan to use and the amount needed for substitution.
Like most lasagnas, turkey lasagna is delicious, plentiful, and filling. Just add a delicious salad and French roll to make it a complete meal. Friends, family, and other guests will love this special lasagna, as it gives them a dinner to fill their stomachs and sometime is an opportunity for leftovers to take home for later.
Storing lasagna after it has been served is a great way to give your family another chance to enjoy this delicious meal. After it cools, wrap it in plastic wrap and put it in a sealed, freezable container. That keeps the fresh taste after it thaws and you reheat it. A quick tip to for adding a “just-baked” taste is to add grated cheese to the top. Once the lasagna is heated, put some cheese over the lasagna and continue heating until the cheese melts. Other ways to dress up the “leftover” dinner is to make a different type of salad to serve with it. The entire family, including you, will appreciate the many ways to serve turkey lasagna for lunch or dinner.
- 1 medium onion
- 1 pound ground turkey
- ½ pound turkey sausage
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups mozzarella, shredded
- ¼ cup grated Asiago
- One 15-ounce container cottage cheese or ricotta
- 6 slices provolone
- 2 boxes no-boil lasagna noodles
- ¼ cup grated fresh Parmesan
- Two 26-ounce jars or 26.5- ounce cans of your favorite pasta sauce or marinara
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Peel the onion and slice into thin pieces. Peel the garlic and mince it. Combine 1 tablespoon of olive oil, broth, onion, and garlic in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the onion is soft. The broth will cook down.
- Put the remaining tablespoon of olive oil into a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and ground turkey. Combine the meats while frying, breaking into small pieces. Remove from heat when cooked and drain any grease off. Pour the sauce in and mix.
- Break the eggs into a large mixing bowl. Add the parsley, pepper, salt, Parmesan, Asiago, ricotta and one cup of the mozzarella. Mix well.
- Put a layer of sauce on the inside of the pan, including the sides. Put a layer of lasagna noodles on top of the sauce. Add a third each of the ricotta and sauce mixtures, spreading it across the top of the noodles to the sides of the pan.
- Add another layer of noodles, topping with the provolone and mozzarella, but no sauce.
- Put down another layer of noodles, covering with more sauce and ricotta mixture.
- Continue until the top of the pan is close, finishing with a layer of noodles covered with sauce and cheese.
- Put a layer of foil across the pan and bake for 45 minutes. Remove the foil and cook an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let the lasagna sit for an hour before serving. Serve with salad and rolls.
- Note: If there are extra noodles and sauce remaining, make and bake a smaller lasagna for a friend.
Proving once again that healthy meals are delicious, this turkey lasagna features freshly ground turkey meat and fresh grated cheeses, accompanied by an herb and mint salad. Slices of delicious French bread are tasty and look elegant on a lovely serving dish. Lasagna is a perfect dish for family meals. Served on a beautiful white dining plate, the freshly baked lasagna will add a beautiful look to your table while delighting guests with a great tasting dinner. With the filling of ground turkey, freshly grated cheese, mozzarella, and fresh ricotta, this lasagna is perfect to hit the spot for any occasion.
Leave a Reply
- Homemade Italian Sausage and Spinach Calzone May 7, 2016
- Classic Italian Chicken Saltimbocca April 22, 2016
- Hunter Style Baked Italian Chicken Cacciatore April 6, 2016
- Wild Mushroom Boletus Italian Style Soup April 3, 2016
- Vegetarian Pasta Primavera with Fettuccine March 30, 2016
- Roman Style Saltimbocca Alla Romana with Polenta March 25, 2016
- Classic Italian Dishes – Parmigiana Eggplant March 25, 2016
- Authentic Vegetarian Italian Asparagus Risotto March 23, 2016
- Rotisserie Chicken and Vegetable Risotto March 19, 2016
- Citrus Feta Cheese Risotto with Spinach March 18, 2016
- One of the Best Vegetarian Lasagna Recipes with Ricotta Cheese (404501 Views)
- Home (142076 Views)
- Best Pizza Sauce for Home Made Pizza (64873 Views)
- Crispy Chicken Milanese with Herb (27742 Views)
- Authentic Clams Oreganata (20426 Views)
- The Best Bechamel in the World (14868 Views)
- Authentic Old World Italian Pizza Dough Recipe (13707 Views)
- Lasagna Rollups in the Slow Cooker (11782 Views)
- Just How Far Ahead Can I Make Lasagna (11333 Views)
- Classic Lasagna with Creamy Bechamel Sauce (11326 Views)