Tex-Mex Best Spicy Lasagna
Every once in a while it is a wonderful idea to liven things up again and one of the best ways to do so is by making some TexMex food and beverages at home to enjoy with your family. Maybe you and your family already love trying anything that is exotic, hot, and spicy. Maybe you like the exotic and not so much the spicy when it comes to the foods you eat. This is fine since you can make this dish just as mild or hot as you like.
You can prepare it while using the hottest and spiciest ingredients you want to reach the level of heat you want in a TexMex meal such as when you learn how to make this mouthwatering burrito lasagna recipe. You can make it while using any type of meat you and your family enjoys eating the most. For instance, you can use hamburger, ground beef, pork, chicken, turkey, and other cuts of beef.
Adding some taco seasoning and a packet of Sazon season can really create the type of Mexican flavor that you and your family will enjoy. Once you have everything you need in one place, you will simply layer the ingredients to make the lasagna. Pop it in a preheated oven and bake until done while following these easy to follow directions. Once you have it made simply add the condiments you prefer and then call the family all in to eat. They will love it.
- 1 ½ pound beef, chicken, pork, ground beef, or hamburger
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- ¾ cup water
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 can black beans
- 1 packet Sazon seasoning
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups instant brown rice
- 1 small package burrito size tortillas
- 1 cup nacho cheese sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup whole kernel corn
- Using a large saucepan over a medium high heat you will add the beef, chicken, pork, ground beef or hamburger meat. Sauté until brown and then drain and discard the grease. Return to heat and then add ½ of the chopped onions, taco seasoning, and water. Cook for about 8 to 10 minutes. Stir in salsa, remove from heat, and set aside until needed.
- Using a medium size saucepan over a medium heat you will add the olive oil and the remaining onions. Sauté and then add the minced garlic clove. Sauté while stirring for about 2 or 3 minutes.
- Add the black beans and juices, ½ the packet of Sazon seasoning, the tomato sauce, and water. Stir well and bring to a boil. Allow to simmer for about 15 minutes uncovered. Remove from heat and set aside until needed.
- Prepare your lasagna pan or baking dish by lightly coating it with cooking spray and then set aside until you need it.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare the instant brown rice according to the label directions, while stirring in the remaining Sazon seasoning. Cook until done, remove from heat, and set aside until needed.
- Arrange a layer of burrito size tortillas along the bottom of the prepared lasagna pan or baking dish, add a layer of nacho cheese sauce. Add a layer of lasagna meat sauce and then add a layer of the rice, a layer of beans, and a layer of whole kernel corn. Sprinkle on a layer of shredded cheese. Repeat process while ending with a layer of shredded cheese.
- Oil one side of aluminum foil and then cover the dish. Place in preheated oven to bake for about 30 minutes. Uncover and bake for about 15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow the dish to stand for about 10 to 15 minutes before cutting into individual serving sizes.
Making and eating TexMex foods can be a lot of fun. You can make some great tasting meals while using some of our TexMex lasagna recipes. For instance, you and your family may enjoy a delicious burrito lasagna recipe that you can make from scratch. Although, you will need several different ingredients to make this dish, it is easy to make. You might want to include some guacamole or even some sour cream to enhance the flavors of this dish. You can serve this for family night along with some fresh veggies and have a great tasting homemade meal.
Leave a Reply
- Homemade Italian Sausage and Spinach Calzone May 7, 2016
- Classic Italian Chicken Saltimbocca April 22, 2016
- Hunter Style Baked Italian Chicken Cacciatore April 6, 2016
- Wild Mushroom Boletus Italian Style Soup April 3, 2016
- Vegetarian Pasta Primavera with Fettuccine March 30, 2016
- Roman Style Saltimbocca Alla Romana with Polenta March 25, 2016
- Classic Italian Dishes – Parmigiana Eggplant March 25, 2016
- Authentic Vegetarian Italian Asparagus Risotto March 23, 2016
- Rotisserie Chicken and Vegetable Risotto March 19, 2016
- Citrus Feta Cheese Risotto with Spinach March 18, 2016
- One of the Best Vegetarian Lasagna Recipes with Ricotta Cheese (403227 Views)
- Home (141167 Views)
- Best Pizza Sauce for Home Made Pizza (63501 Views)
- Crispy Chicken Milanese with Herb (27501 Views)
- Authentic Clams Oreganata (20254 Views)
- The Best Bechamel in the World (14802 Views)
- Authentic Old World Italian Pizza Dough Recipe (13621 Views)
- Lasagna Rollups in the Slow Cooker (11737 Views)
- Classic Lasagna with Creamy Bechamel Sauce (11295 Views)
- Just How Far Ahead Can I Make Lasagna (11249 Views)