Great Tasting Tuna Lasagna Recipe
Variety makes the world go around; it is also a good idea when you begin to think about all the different types of dishes that you want to make to feed yourself and your family. For instance, you might like enjoying various types of lasagna recipes. If you search around, you will find that there are multitudes of great tasting lasagna recipes you can follow to make a good and hearty meal for those you care about the most.
If your family loves lasagna, you might like to make a different type of lasagna recipe for each lasagna family night. You can choose to make all sorts of different recipes such as veggie lasagna, turkey lasagna or even a tuna lasagna recipe if you like. This recipe is especially good if you and your family love the flavor of tuna fish. Tuna lasagna is delicious.
It is an easy to make recipe, you might already have some the ingredients that you need to make this recipe. They are simple everyday cooking ingredients such as butter or oil, flour, tomatoes, tuna fish, cheeses and more. Get your ingredients together and you can make this delicious lasagna recipe and have it sitting at the table waiting for you and your family today.
- ¾ cups flour
- ⅓ cup butter or vegetable oil
- 1 cup milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 package cooked lasagna noodles
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 Tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 medium cans drained tuna
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 1 large cans whole tomatoes
- 2 medium diced onions
- 1 diced garlic clove
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- Using a medium size bowl you will add the flour, butter, or vegetable oil. Add the milk to a small microwavable bowl and microwave for about 2 minutes to heat the milk. Pour the warmed milk slowly into the dry mixture while stirring constantly to make the lasagna cream sauce. Salt and pepper to taste and then set aside until needed.
- Cook the lasagna noodles by following the directions on the package label. Drain the fluid from the noodles and then lay them flat. Cover the noodles and set aside until needed.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare a large baking pan or lasagna pan by lightly coating the bottom with cooking spray. Set aside until needed.
- Using a medium size mixing bowl you will add the drained tuna and the tomato paste mix well. Add the whole tomatoes and ½ the tomato juice from the canned tomatoes. Stir in the diced onions, diced garlic clove and sliced mushrooms. Add salt and pepper to taste, mix well and then set aside until needed.
- Arrange a layer of overlapping lasagna noodles on the bottom of the lasagna pan. Add a layer of the tuna mixture. Add a layer of mozzarella. Add a layer of lasagna cream sauce. Repeat and top with parmesan cheese.
- Cover with lid or aluminum foil and place in preheated oven to bake for about 30 to 40 minutes. Remove cover and then return to hot oven. Bake just long enough to brown the top of the lasagna. Remove from heat and allow dish to cool for about 15 to 20 minutes before cutting and serving.
You and your family will enjoy making and eating this delicious tuna lasagna recipe. It is an easy to make recipe. You may already have everything you need to make it in your kitchen cupboards. It makes a great meal for lunch or dinner. You can use store bought lasagna noodles to make this recipe or you can learn how to make your own homemade lasagna noodle recipe. You and your family can enjoy time with one another when you let them help you out in the kitchen while preparing this or any other of our delicious homemade lasagna recipes.
Leave a Reply
- Homemade Italian Sausage and Spinach Calzone May 7, 2016
- Classic Italian Chicken Saltimbocca April 22, 2016
- Hunter Style Baked Italian Chicken Cacciatore April 6, 2016
- Wild Mushroom Boletus Italian Style Soup April 3, 2016
- Vegetarian Pasta Primavera with Fettuccine March 30, 2016
- Roman Style Saltimbocca Alla Romana with Polenta March 25, 2016
- Classic Italian Dishes – Parmigiana Eggplant March 25, 2016
- Authentic Vegetarian Italian Asparagus Risotto March 23, 2016
- Rotisserie Chicken and Vegetable Risotto March 19, 2016
- Citrus Feta Cheese Risotto with Spinach March 18, 2016
- One of the Best Vegetarian Lasagna Recipes with Ricotta Cheese (404799 Views)
- Home (142306 Views)
- Best Pizza Sauce for Home Made Pizza (65165 Views)
- Crispy Chicken Milanese with Herb (27806 Views)
- Authentic Clams Oreganata (20454 Views)
- The Best Bechamel in the World (14886 Views)
- Authentic Old World Italian Pizza Dough Recipe (13731 Views)
- Lasagna Rollups in the Slow Cooker (11790 Views)
- Just How Far Ahead Can I Make Lasagna (11354 Views)
- Classic Lasagna with Creamy Bechamel Sauce (11334 Views)