Shrimp Lasagna with Vegetable
Lasagna can be made in numerous ways and this way is one very healthy recipe. Shrimp is good for us with very little fat and tons of protein, and we all know how good vegetables are for us, and that we should be eating a minimum of three to five servings of vegetables and fruits daily. A delicious shrimp and veggie lasagna can be a healthier choice for a meal than traditional lasagna which is typically high in both calories and fat.
Even if you are not necessarily a seafood lover per se, there is a good chance you might like shrimp, as it is a very popular seafood choice. It is tasty but not overpowering as some seafood can be. If you happen to be a vegetarian, this is one dish you will want to experiment with and could possibly become one of your favorites.
If you do not do much cooking and think this may be too difficult to make, rest assured that it will not be too hard if you just have all the ingredients you need on hand.
- 2-3 garlic cloves.
- 1 onion.
- 2 fifteen ounce cans of tomato puree.
- ½ teaspoon of basil, oregano, parsley, pepper and salt.
- ¼ cup of olive oil (you can use more or less as needed.)
- 2 carrots.
- 1 cup of corn.
- 5 small tomatoes.
- 1 broccoli stalk.
- 4-5 medium sized mushrooms.
- 1 twelve ounce bag of frozen shrimp or about a dozen large fresh shrimp (add more to your liking.)
- 8 ounces of ricotta cheese.
- 12 ounces of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- 1 pound of lasagna noodles.
- Mince garlic and onion then sauté in olive oil.
- Add the above herbs and spices and feel free to add or subtract other spices, as you like.
- Add puree and let the mixture simmer while you prepare the rest of the recipe.
- Pre-heat oven to 375F.
- Chop vegetables and sauté in olive oil.
- Place lasagna noodles in boiling water in large saucepan and let simmer uncovered for approximately 8-10 minutes.
- Spread a thin layer of sauce mixture in a baking dish that is at least 8" x 11".
- Layer one third of the noodles, one half of the vegetables and ricotta cheese, shrimp and ½ of the mozzarella and sauce.
- Top with remaining cheese, noodles, and sauce.
- Cover with foil and bake at 375F for ½ hour.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with parmesan cheese and bake an additional ten minutes. Be sure to let it cool before eating!
This is really a simple recipe to make-it just may look a bit complicated since there are a number of ingredients, but most of those are just a variety of vegetables so do not be afraid to try this out. If your shrimp and vegetable lasagna does not look identical to the photo that is ok, or if you would like you can place the vegetables around the lasagna noodles to more closely match the picture. However, remember this is not just about a picture…this is about a delicious and very healthy dinner to enjoy!
Leave a Reply
- Homemade Italian Sausage and Spinach Calzone May 7, 2016
- Classic Italian Chicken Saltimbocca April 22, 2016
- Hunter Style Baked Italian Chicken Cacciatore April 6, 2016
- Wild Mushroom Boletus Italian Style Soup April 3, 2016
- Vegetarian Pasta Primavera with Fettuccine March 30, 2016
- Roman Style Saltimbocca Alla Romana with Polenta March 25, 2016
- Classic Italian Dishes – Parmigiana Eggplant March 25, 2016
- Authentic Vegetarian Italian Asparagus Risotto March 23, 2016
- Rotisserie Chicken and Vegetable Risotto March 19, 2016
- Citrus Feta Cheese Risotto with Spinach March 18, 2016
- One of the Best Vegetarian Lasagna Recipes with Ricotta Cheese (403227 Views)
- Home (141167 Views)
- Best Pizza Sauce for Home Made Pizza (63501 Views)
- Crispy Chicken Milanese with Herb (27501 Views)
- Authentic Clams Oreganata (20254 Views)
- The Best Bechamel in the World (14802 Views)
- Authentic Old World Italian Pizza Dough Recipe (13621 Views)
- Lasagna Rollups in the Slow Cooker (11737 Views)
- Classic Lasagna with Creamy Bechamel Sauce (11295 Views)
- Just How Far Ahead Can I Make Lasagna (11249 Views)