4 Cheese Spinach Lasagna is perfect for Every Occasion
Lasagna enjoys popularity as a main dish that is perfect for formal or casual dinners and potlucks. It can include enough meat to satisfy any carnivore or contain vegetables to surprise anyone. You can find lasagna recipes that include squash, sweet potatoes and even eggplant. If meat is out of the question, add tofu for protein. The sauce, herbs, and spices will perk the flavor quickly.
Parents often have a difficult time getting the kids and even the other adults to eat their vegetables. When they are part of the lasagna, the vegetables go down much more quickly. Select vegetables with bright colors, such as bell peppers and zucchini squash and use interesting herbs like parsley and basil to add interest and taste.
Cheese is still another way to make lasagna taste and look great. Ricotta is low in fat and made from the whey of cheeses like provolone and mozzarella. It is very soft and white, with a mild flavor. It has a texture much like cottage cheese, which is sometimes a substitute for ricotta. Fresh mozzarella and parmesan cheeses are used more often than orange and yellow cheeses, such as cheddar.
- 1 pack lasagna noodles
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 can herb or garlic spaghetti sauce
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- 1 pack frozen spinach
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup cooked ham, cubed
- 1 cup medium cheddar cheese, shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Remove the spinach from the freezer and let thaw in the package. Drain.
- Cook the lasagna noodles according to the directions on the box.
- In a pan, combine the onions, sauce, garlic, ham, basil, and oregano. Bring to a simmer and let cook for ten minutes, stirring to avoid burning.
- Mix the mozzarella, cheddar and parmesan cheese.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 13x9 inch baking dish with butter or margarine. Put a thin layer of sauce on the bottom of the dish, spreading it equally over the area. Put 4 of the cooked noodles over the sauce, overlapping the edges.
- Add a layer of ricotta, then spinach and top with the cheese mixture. Put a thin layer of sauce and the other 4 noodles on top. Put another layer of sauce on the noodles and repeat the layers. Put the last noodles on top and cover with the remaining sauce. Hold the last amount of cheese mixture for now.
- Put the lasagna in the oven and let it bake 35 minutes. Take it from the oven and sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top. Put it back into the oven and bake 10 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Remove from the oven and let sit for 5 to 10 minutes before cutting and serving.
A delicate red tomato sauce spices up this wonderful homemade lasagna dish and the overall blend of ingredients makes one of the most appealing meals ever served. Ricotta cheese and spinach add nutrients and taste to the beauty of pasta noodles layered in a traditional pattern. The picture is a close-up to let viewers know just how well lasagna ingredients combine and blend together to draw family and guests into the delicious combination. Supplement the layers with pieces of prosciutto, turkey, or meatballs for the meat lovers in the family or keep it as an extraordinary delightfully delicious vegetarian dish.
Leave a Reply
- Homemade Italian Sausage and Spinach Calzone May 7, 2016
- Classic Italian Chicken Saltimbocca April 22, 2016
- Hunter Style Baked Italian Chicken Cacciatore April 6, 2016
- Wild Mushroom Boletus Italian Style Soup April 3, 2016
- Vegetarian Pasta Primavera with Fettuccine March 30, 2016
- Roman Style Saltimbocca Alla Romana with Polenta March 25, 2016
- Classic Italian Dishes – Parmigiana Eggplant March 25, 2016
- Authentic Vegetarian Italian Asparagus Risotto March 23, 2016
- Rotisserie Chicken and Vegetable Risotto March 19, 2016
- Citrus Feta Cheese Risotto with Spinach March 18, 2016
- One of the Best Vegetarian Lasagna Recipes with Ricotta Cheese (410776 Views)
- Home (146725 Views)
- Best Pizza Sauce for Home Made Pizza (70616 Views)
- Crispy Chicken Milanese with Herb (29037 Views)
- Authentic Clams Oreganata (21289 Views)
- The Best Bechamel in the World (15162 Views)
- Authentic Old World Italian Pizza Dough Recipe (14167 Views)
- Lasagna Rollups in the Slow Cooker (11950 Views)
- Just How Far Ahead Can I Make Lasagna (11760 Views)
- Classic Lasagna with Creamy Bechamel Sauce (11515 Views)