Delicious Recipe for Vegetable Lasagna
There are so many possibilities when preparing lasagna, although most of us think of a filling that includes meats and cheeses. Lasagna is just as tasty when it includes vegetables such as eggplant, squash, tomatoes, and delicious sweet potatoes. To add even more flavor in sweet potato lasagna, just add onions, tofu, and corn for an extra delicious taste and delightful extra flavors to the meal.
Those not used to eating it often describe tofu as bland. Adding the right spices to your sweet potato lasagna and using freshly ground and chopped herbs will provide lots of flavors anytime it is needed. Add an extra hint of taste and pizzazz by sprinkling rosemary on top of the lasagna after baking. That provides a special look to the meal and adds to any other garnish you choose.
If your guests are vegetarians and you really want to give them something to eat at your house that shows your respect for their choices, this delicious lasagna will be a delectable way of showing them you respect them and want them to have a delicious meal. Vegetable lasagna is also a great way to introduce yourself and your family to a new sense of taste and eating.
While meat lasagna might be the more common choice among lasagna lovers, tasty and delicious looking vegetarian lasagna might hit the spot right off the bat, as well. With bell peppers, and garlic splashing off the palate, it is sure to please each one of the taste buds in a unique way. Filled with vegetables and spices, this meal is a great way to kick off healthier eating habits.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 red bell peppers, seeds removed and chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 2 courgettes (zucchini), sliced
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 can corn, drained
- 2 large cooked sweet potatoes
- 1 package tofu
- 2 large jars or cans (about 26- ounces each) pasta or marinara sauce
- 4 Roma tomatoes, sliced thin
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 broccoli crown, chopped
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 boxes no-boil lasagna noodles
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- ½ teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 16- ounce pack frozen spinach
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Use a 13 x 9 inch baking pan for the lasagna.
- Mash the sweet potatoes after removing the skin. Thaw and drain the spinach. Chop the cashews into small bits. Set these aside until needed.
- Put the olive oil in a large skillet and heat over high. Add the garlic and onion and stir 3 minutes while sautéing. Reduce heat to medium and add the mushrooms. Cook for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Quickly remove the onion, garlic, and mushrooms from the pan with a slotted spoon, putting them in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Put the carrots and broccoli pieces into the skillet, stirring now and then for 4 minutes. Remove them with the slotted spoon, putting them in with the mushrooms.
- Place the peppers, corn, and zucchini in the skillet and cook for 3 minutes. Remove the pan from the burner and add them to the other vegetables.
- Wrap the silken tofu in paper towels to drain the liquid. Break the tofu into pieces. Put the spices and tofu in the bowl with the vegetables and stir to mix.
- Put a layer of mushroom mixture on the bottom of the pan and add a layer of noodles, covering with sauce. Add another layer of noodles, sauce and noodles.
- Add a layer of vegetables and put the spinach over them. Cover the spinach with the sweet potatoes, adding sauce on top of those.
- Add a layer of lasagna noodles, top it with sauce, and arrange the sliced tomatoes over them.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes. Remove the foil and sprinkle the cashews over the top. Return to the oven with the foil off and cook an additional 15 minutes. Remove from the oven. Let the lasagna stand for 15 minutes to set before serving.
A tasty serving of vegetarian lasagna with eggplant, sweet potatoes, and courgette is a perfect addition to your dining table. Served on a white dish to contrast against the red dining table mats, this dish stands out. Garnish with a fresh bundle of parsley leaves or one of the other delicious herbs used for seasoning. While this plate may seem somewhat empty of design, the taste will quickly give the delicious flavor to add interest. Add some extra excitement to your table with a white tablecloth to give it that elegant and all-together color scheme of brilliant red and white.
Leave a Reply
- Homemade Italian Sausage and Spinach Calzone May 7, 2016
- Classic Italian Chicken Saltimbocca April 22, 2016
- Hunter Style Baked Italian Chicken Cacciatore April 6, 2016
- Wild Mushroom Boletus Italian Style Soup April 3, 2016
- Vegetarian Pasta Primavera with Fettuccine March 30, 2016
- Roman Style Saltimbocca Alla Romana with Polenta March 25, 2016
- Classic Italian Dishes – Parmigiana Eggplant March 25, 2016
- Authentic Vegetarian Italian Asparagus Risotto March 23, 2016
- Rotisserie Chicken and Vegetable Risotto March 19, 2016
- Citrus Feta Cheese Risotto with Spinach March 18, 2016
- One of the Best Vegetarian Lasagna Recipes with Ricotta Cheese (403227 Views)
- Home (141167 Views)
- Best Pizza Sauce for Home Made Pizza (63501 Views)
- Crispy Chicken Milanese with Herb (27501 Views)
- Authentic Clams Oreganata (20254 Views)
- The Best Bechamel in the World (14802 Views)
- Authentic Old World Italian Pizza Dough Recipe (13621 Views)
- Lasagna Rollups in the Slow Cooker (11737 Views)
- Classic Lasagna with Creamy Bechamel Sauce (11295 Views)
- Just How Far Ahead Can I Make Lasagna (11249 Views)