Easy Incredible Spinach Lasagna with White Sauce
Italian food includes a variety of herbs that add extra flavor to the other ingredients in each recipe. There are some great tips to help any cook maximize the use of herbs in any recipe, especially the cooks that like to experiment with recipes by changing the ingredients or amounts to see how it turns out. One hint is to crush dried herbs between your fingers and thumb as you add them to a recipe. That releases the flavor oils from the dried leaves.
Another good thing to know is the conversion between dried herbs and fresh herbs. Whether you are using cilantro, oregano, or basil, use one tablespoon of fresh herbs as a substitute for a teaspoon of dried herbs. That prevents an overload of seasoning from harming the recipe and lets the cook use dried ingredients when fresh ones are not available. Think of seasonings you like to use with the various vegetables that are included in your lasagna recipe, such as garlic with onion, pepper, and parsley with tomatoes and a touch of thyme with spinach and use them.
Enjoy the different types of cheeses found in lasagna. Ricotta cheese and cottage cheese make wonderful filling between the layers. The typical mozzarella, parmesan, and jack white cheeses add substance to the layers throughout the lasagna and on the top. Cheddar cheese delivers an incredibly delicious flavor and appearance when melted on top of the lasagna.
- 1 pint ricotta cheese
- 1 package wide no-boil lasagna noodles
- 1 jar Alfredo sauce
- 1 package frozen spinach
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella
- ½ cup milk
- 6 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 egg
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 10x15 inch baking pan with vegetable non-stick spray.
- Put the spinach on a plate to thaw out.
- Drain the liquid and put the spinach in a large bowl, mixing it with the ricotta.
- Break the egg into a bowl and whisk to mix.
- Add it to the spinach-ricotta mix and stir.
- Pour the Alfredo sauce from the jar into a medium bowl, using a rubber spatula to get all the sauce out.
- Add the milk and mix well.
- Pour half a cup of the sauce mix into the baking dish and spread it evenly over the bottom, covering with three noodles.
- Cover the noodles with half of the spinach mix and some of the mushrooms.
- Layer another three noodles, covering with a cup of sauce.
- Put the last of the spinach mix on top of the sauce and add the remaining mushroom slices.
- Add another three noodles, covering them with the rest of the sauce and the mozzarella.
- Tear a sheet of aluminum foil longer than the dish, adding a layer of cooking spray to one side.
- Place that side facing down and seal it around the baking dish.
- Bake for one hour.
- Turn off the oven and take out the lasagna.
- Remove the foil.
- Leave the oven off, but put the uncovered lasagna back in to help melt the cheese and add a finished appearance.
- Remove after fifteen minutes and serve.
Just imagine how delighted family and friends will be to see this delicious lasagna dish served for dinner. One of the best features is that there is always enough for lunch the next day. There are two main types of sauce for lasagna, red and white, and the white sauce for this recipe enhances the bright green of the spinach and white cheese goodness of the ricotta cheese. The best thing is the quick and easy recipe using prepared sauce and frozen spinach for ingredients. Get extra flavor with cooked chicken or ham in the sauce or between the pasta layers.
Leave a Reply
- Homemade Italian Sausage and Spinach Calzone May 7, 2016
- Classic Italian Chicken Saltimbocca April 22, 2016
- Hunter Style Baked Italian Chicken Cacciatore April 6, 2016
- Wild Mushroom Boletus Italian Style Soup April 3, 2016
- Vegetarian Pasta Primavera with Fettuccine March 30, 2016
- Roman Style Saltimbocca Alla Romana with Polenta March 25, 2016
- Classic Italian Dishes – Parmigiana Eggplant March 25, 2016
- Authentic Vegetarian Italian Asparagus Risotto March 23, 2016
- Rotisserie Chicken and Vegetable Risotto March 19, 2016
- Citrus Feta Cheese Risotto with Spinach March 18, 2016
- One of the Best Vegetarian Lasagna Recipes with Ricotta Cheese (404799 Views)
- Home (142305 Views)
- Best Pizza Sauce for Home Made Pizza (65165 Views)
- Crispy Chicken Milanese with Herb (27806 Views)
- Authentic Clams Oreganata (20454 Views)
- The Best Bechamel in the World (14886 Views)
- Authentic Old World Italian Pizza Dough Recipe (13731 Views)
- Lasagna Rollups in the Slow Cooker (11790 Views)
- Just How Far Ahead Can I Make Lasagna (11354 Views)
- Classic Lasagna with Creamy Bechamel Sauce (11334 Views)