Easy Roasted Pumpkin and Ricotta Cheese Lasagna
This easy Roasted Pumpkin lasagne is an easy vegetarian friendly lasagna recipe that is surprisingly creamy and delicious. It is very flavorful and so easy to make. This humble vegetable is full of beta-carotene as well as Vitamins A and C, as well as Potassium. It is a wonderful source of healthy fiber as well. Added to this is the healthy dose of Calcium and Vitamin d found in the cheese and you have a very well rounded healthy meal for your family.
Who says every meal has to include meat in order to obtain healthy vitamins. Not at all, actually in this easy roasted pumpkin lasagna there are plenty of nutrient dense vitamins. It is very easy to prepare as well. This wonderful and different roasted pumpkin lasagna will be a hit on your fall harvest table. Children will especially love this delicious tasting roasted pumpkin lasagne.
The aroma of this roasted pumpkin lasagne baking in the oven is truly unbelievable. Roasted pumpkin with melted cheese and pasta, it does not get any better than this. This easy entree will become a family favorite in the meatless category. This delicious roasted pumpkin lasagne is so good you will not even miss the meat.
- 2 ½ cups Ricotta cheese
- 1 ½ onion minced
- 4 oz. Grated fresh Parmesan
- ½ pumpkin, peeled and cut into chunks
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tsp. Ground nutmeg
- 2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 3 tbs water
- 1 tsp. Basil
- 1 tsp. Oregano
- 1 tsp. Fresh chopped parsley
- ¼ vegetable stock
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 tbs butter or margarine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Spray a 13 x 9 x2 inch pan with cooking spray.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the roasted pumpkin and onion on a cookie sheet and drizzle the olive oil and water over the pumpkin and onion.
- Toss the pumpkin and onion a bit to mix well.
- Roast in the oven for about 20 minutes until the vegetables are golden and done well.
- Melt butter/margarine in skillet and add flour, stir constantly until flour begins to lightly brown.
- Add vegetable stock and cream stirring constantly with a wire whisk until sauce is smooth and lump free.
- Sauce should be thick and smooth.
- Add the Ricotta, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- Stir frequently until the Ricotta is incorporated smoothly into the sauce.
- In a blender add the pumpkin mixture and blend until smooth.
- In the prepared 13 x9 x2 inch pan ladle enough pumpkin mixture to generously cover the bottom.
- Add a layer of lasagne noodles over the top of this.
- Then add a layer of Ricotta sauce.
- Repeat layers ending with a layer of noodles.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over the top of the last layer of noodles.
- Bake in oven for 35 minutes until noodles are done and top is a light golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to sit for about 15 minutes before serving.
This makes a wonderful surprise autumn harvest meal. A delicious warm and creamy delightful twist on the traditional baked lasagne. Family and friends will be amazed at the delicious taste of this easy roasted pumpkin lasagne. Guests will be enthralled at your culinary harvest creation and be begging for this recipe. Although it may take a bit of time to prepare the look of satisfaction and contentment of the first bite for family will be the ultimate reward.
Leave a Reply
- Homemade Italian Sausage and Spinach Calzone May 7, 2016
- Classic Italian Chicken Saltimbocca April 22, 2016
- Hunter Style Baked Italian Chicken Cacciatore April 6, 2016
- Wild Mushroom Boletus Italian Style Soup April 3, 2016
- Vegetarian Pasta Primavera with Fettuccine March 30, 2016
- Roman Style Saltimbocca Alla Romana with Polenta March 25, 2016
- Classic Italian Dishes – Parmigiana Eggplant March 25, 2016
- Authentic Vegetarian Italian Asparagus Risotto March 23, 2016
- Rotisserie Chicken and Vegetable Risotto March 19, 2016
- Citrus Feta Cheese Risotto with Spinach March 18, 2016
- One of the Best Vegetarian Lasagna Recipes with Ricotta Cheese (410880 Views)
- Home (146758 Views)
- Best Pizza Sauce for Home Made Pizza (70676 Views)
- Crispy Chicken Milanese with Herb (29047 Views)
- Authentic Clams Oreganata (21297 Views)
- The Best Bechamel in the World (15166 Views)
- Authentic Old World Italian Pizza Dough Recipe (14169 Views)
- Lasagna Rollups in the Slow Cooker (11950 Views)
- Just How Far Ahead Can I Make Lasagna (11761 Views)
- Classic Lasagna with Creamy Bechamel Sauce (11515 Views)