Great Tasting Vegetarian Lasagna Recipes
Lasagna is a dish that is easy to adapt. It is delicious and nutritious. Sometimes, nothing else will satisfy the hunger you have the way that a great tasting dish of lasagna can do. You can make it by using all sorts of ingredients including herbs spices, tomatoes, and cheese and in most cases some type of meat as well as a few other ingredients. However, what if you are not in the mood for a heavy meal full of meat?
What if you want all that great taste without all the different types of meat that some lasagna recipes may include, but you are not interested in a meat diet? Well, if you love good food and you like to cook or you know someone who does, you can always make lasagna without all that meat. In fact, if you search around online, you can find all sorts of vegetarian lasagna recipes much like this one.
However, you should make this one since it tastes great. All you need to make this lasagna recipe is some lasagna noodles, spinach, oil, mushrooms, carrots, and tomato sauce and tomato paste. Add some black olives and some herbs, some cottage cheese and shredded jack cheese and then garnish the lasagna with some grated parmesan cheese. It is quick and easy to make and you will enjoy making and eating it.
- 1 package cooked lasagna noodles
- 1 package thawed chopped spinach
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 large cans tomato sauce
- 1 large cans tomato paste
- ½ cup chopped black olives
- 1 ½ teaspoon crushed oregano
- 2 cups drained cottage cheese
- 1 package shredded jack cheese
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- To cook the lasagna, follow the directions on the package label, drain and lay flat, set aside until needed.
- Add the thawed chopped spinach into a small saucepan and cook over a medium heat when steam begins to form reduce the heat and cook for about 3 to 5 minutes, while turning occasionally.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare a 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish by lightly coating it with cooking spray. Set aside until needed.
- Using a separate saucepan you will add the vegetable oil, sliced mushrooms, shredded carrot and chopped onion. Cook until vegetables are tender. Stir in the tomato sauce, tomato paste, chopped black olives and crushed oregano. Cook for about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add a layer of the cooked lasagna noodles to the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Add a layer of cottage cheese, spinach, jack cheese and the sauce. Repeat the process, while ending with a layer of jack cheese and then garnish with parmesan cheese. Place in preheated oven to bake for about 30 minutes. Remove from oven and allow the dish to stand for about 10 to 15 minutes before cutting and serving.
Are you in the mood for great tasting vegetarian lasagna? If you and your family love lasagna but you do not want all the meat of traditional lasagna, you can learn how to make this mouthwatering dish for dinner tonight. Of course, you can always make it to serve for lunch as well. Making some of this lasagna and taking it with you to a potluck dinner is a great idea when you want to make a dish that taste great, looks great, and will impress anyone who enjoys a plateful of vegetarian lasagna.
Leave a Reply
- Homemade Italian Sausage and Spinach Calzone May 7, 2016
- Classic Italian Chicken Saltimbocca April 22, 2016
- Hunter Style Baked Italian Chicken Cacciatore April 6, 2016
- Wild Mushroom Boletus Italian Style Soup April 3, 2016
- Vegetarian Pasta Primavera with Fettuccine March 30, 2016
- Roman Style Saltimbocca Alla Romana with Polenta March 25, 2016
- Classic Italian Dishes – Parmigiana Eggplant March 25, 2016
- Authentic Vegetarian Italian Asparagus Risotto March 23, 2016
- Rotisserie Chicken and Vegetable Risotto March 19, 2016
- Citrus Feta Cheese Risotto with Spinach March 18, 2016
- One of the Best Vegetarian Lasagna Recipes with Ricotta Cheese (404799 Views)
- Home (142305 Views)
- Best Pizza Sauce for Home Made Pizza (65165 Views)
- Crispy Chicken Milanese with Herb (27806 Views)
- Authentic Clams Oreganata (20454 Views)
- The Best Bechamel in the World (14886 Views)
- Authentic Old World Italian Pizza Dough Recipe (13731 Views)
- Lasagna Rollups in the Slow Cooker (11790 Views)
- Just How Far Ahead Can I Make Lasagna (11354 Views)
- Classic Lasagna with Creamy Bechamel Sauce (11334 Views)