Chicken Fettuccine with Parmesan
Pasta dishes come in many shapes, colors and flavors, but one of the best ways to prepare pasta is to use a creamy sauce. This does not need to be anything complicated, and in fact some creamy pasta recipes only have 4 or 5 ingredients in all. The following recipe does have a bit more than that, but each item contributes to the overall flavor and appeal of the dish, and you will agree this chicken fettuccine boats a spectacular flavor.
You will enjoy the comfort food factor that creamy dishes offer, as well as the exquisite butter, milk, sour cream, and cheese sauce which coats the chicken and fettuccine. Add a sprig of fresh sage to the finished dish, to add some color to the plate, and you can be sure everyone’s plate will be clean. Nobody will want to miss a morsel of this lovely dinner. The first thing to do is cook the chicken, although if you have some leftover cooked chicken breast then just use that, for the sake of convenience.
The onion and garlic go into the creamy sauce, and then everything is tossed together at the end, to make the finished dish. Serve this immediately, ladling it on to warmed plates. Side dish options include asparagus or broccoli for added nutrition and a contrasting color on the plate, or even garlic bread if you are in the mood for a real carb feast. This is very easy to make and it is a great way to use up leftover cooked chicken. Fettuccine is really nice in this dish, although you could swap it for spaghetti if you prefer, or even another pasta shape.
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into cubes
- ½ cup sour cream
- 3 cups milk
- 8 oz shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 chopped onion
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Half & Half
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- ¾ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb fettuccini pasta
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 8 sprigs fresh sage, for garnish
- Heat up 2 tablespoons of the butter in a skillet.
- Add the chicken, Italian seasoning and half the garlic.
- Sauté until the chicken is no longer pink in the center.
- Take the chicken out of the skillet and set it to one side.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta for 9 minutes or until al dente, then drain it.
- Melt the rest of the butter in the same skillet you cooked the chicken in.
- Sauté the onion with the rest of the garlic, and the mushrooms, until the onions are tender.
- Stir in the flour, salt and pepper.
- Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the Half & Half and milk gradually, stirring until the mixture is smooth.
- Stir in the cheeses until they melt.
- Stir in the chicken and sour cream.
- Serve the chicken mixture over the fettuccine, garnished with a sprig of sage.
This creamy dish is rich, decadent and perfect for any occasion, whether you are in the mood for comfort food or you simply crave an exquisite pasta dish. The photo shows what the finished dish is going to look like if you garnish it with a sprig of sage. Forget the same and serve steamed bright green asparagus on the side if you prefer, or another contrasting color. How about broiled tomatoes or even a simple mixed leaf salad? Feel free to use another kind of pasta shape if you do not have fettuccine, because just about anything would work nicely in this recipe.
Leave a Reply
- Homemade Italian Sausage and Spinach Calzone May 7, 2016
- Classic Italian Chicken Saltimbocca April 22, 2016
- Hunter Style Baked Italian Chicken Cacciatore April 6, 2016
- Wild Mushroom Boletus Italian Style Soup April 3, 2016
- Vegetarian Pasta Primavera with Fettuccine March 30, 2016
- Roman Style Saltimbocca Alla Romana with Polenta March 25, 2016
- Classic Italian Dishes – Parmigiana Eggplant March 25, 2016
- Authentic Vegetarian Italian Asparagus Risotto March 23, 2016
- Rotisserie Chicken and Vegetable Risotto March 19, 2016
- Citrus Feta Cheese Risotto with Spinach March 18, 2016
- One of the Best Vegetarian Lasagna Recipes with Ricotta Cheese (404202 Views)
- Home (141877 Views)
- Best Pizza Sauce for Home Made Pizza (64562 Views)
- Crispy Chicken Milanese with Herb (27674 Views)
- Authentic Clams Oreganata (20401 Views)
- The Best Bechamel in the World (14847 Views)
- Authentic Old World Italian Pizza Dough Recipe (13686 Views)
- Lasagna Rollups in the Slow Cooker (11772 Views)
- Classic Lasagna with Creamy Bechamel Sauce (11319 Views)
- Just How Far Ahead Can I Make Lasagna (11314 Views)