10-Minute Chicken Pasta with a Chinese Twist
Although a lot of pasta recipes are 100% Italian this one features Italian ingredients and Chinese flavorings to make a fusion dish which offers a change of pace from your usual Italian pasta recipes. Fettuccine pasta is used here but feel free to swap it for linguine or spaghetti, or even pasta shapes such as penne or bowties. You will also need some cooked chicken breast for this dish. If you do not have any you can cook some up beforehand of course, or else just make use of leftover chicken.
We are also adding carrot, both to add a bright color to the dish and also a nice sweetness. The seasonings are sesame oil, ginger and soy sauce, and then you can add red and/or black pepper for a touch of spice. Fresh cilantro makes a nice garnish and the vivid green color contrasts well with the yellow and orange in the dish. Pasta is similar to Asian noodles in a way, which is why this dish works so well.
Chicken features in a lot of Italian recipes but the seasonings in this recipe are more Eastern than Western, so it really is a fusion meal. This is a very easy dish to make. Just cook the pasta and carrots, then stir the remaining ingredients into the dish and cook it for a couple of minutes. Remember the chicken is already cooked so it only needs to be warmed through by tossing it with the other ingredients. Make this as mild or as spicy as you wish, adding red pepper flakes for a nice kick, or a pinch of chili powder instead if that is what you have.
- 8 oz fettuccine pasta
- 8 oz chopped cooked chicken breast
- ½ peeled, chopped carrot
- 1 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- Splash of soy sauce
- Pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
- Black pepper, to taste
- Cilantro, for garnish
- Cook the fettuccine following the directions on the package.
- Add the carrot during the last 5 minutes of cooking time.
- Drain the pasta and carrot well, then return to the pan.
- Toss the pasta and carrot with the chicken, sesame oil, ginger, soy sauce, red pepper flakes (if using) and black pepper.
- Cook for a couple of minutes or until the chicken is warmed through.
- Taste and add more sesame oil, ginger, soy sauce and/or red pepper flakes if necessary.
- Divide between 4 warmed bowls and garnish with cilantro, if liked.
Fettuccine is the main ingredient in this flavorful dish and it also boasts chicken and carrot. Swap the carrot for broccoli, snow peas or mushrooms if you wish. The choice is yours. Instead of adding tomato sauce or another Italian sauce though, we are making the sauce with soy sauce, sesame oil and Chinese seasonings to add a fusion touch. So if you are in the mood for pasta but you also fancy an oriental twist, consider this easy recipe. You can make it from scratch in as few as 10 minutes, making it perfect as a weeknight dinner for the whole family to enjoy.
Leave a Reply
- Homemade Italian Sausage and Spinach Calzone May 7, 2016
- Classic Italian Chicken Saltimbocca April 22, 2016
- Hunter Style Baked Italian Chicken Cacciatore April 6, 2016
- Wild Mushroom Boletus Italian Style Soup April 3, 2016
- Vegetarian Pasta Primavera with Fettuccine March 30, 2016
- Roman Style Saltimbocca Alla Romana with Polenta March 25, 2016
- Classic Italian Dishes – Parmigiana Eggplant March 25, 2016
- Authentic Vegetarian Italian Asparagus Risotto March 23, 2016
- Rotisserie Chicken and Vegetable Risotto March 19, 2016
- Citrus Feta Cheese Risotto with Spinach March 18, 2016
- One of the Best Vegetarian Lasagna Recipes with Ricotta Cheese (403227 Views)
- Home (141167 Views)
- Best Pizza Sauce for Home Made Pizza (63501 Views)
- Crispy Chicken Milanese with Herb (27501 Views)
- Authentic Clams Oreganata (20254 Views)
- The Best Bechamel in the World (14802 Views)
- Authentic Old World Italian Pizza Dough Recipe (13621 Views)
- Lasagna Rollups in the Slow Cooker (11737 Views)
- Classic Lasagna with Creamy Bechamel Sauce (11295 Views)
- Just How Far Ahead Can I Make Lasagna (11249 Views)