Buttery Bacon Spaghetti
There are pasta recipes for dieters, but guess what, this is not one of them! Sometimes nothing but the richest, most indulgent pasta dinner will do, especially if you are craving Italian comfort food but not really in a pizza mood. This recipe boasts butter, olive oil and bacon, as well as parmesan cheese and garlic. We are quite heavy-handed with the butter and garlic in this recipe, because if you want something this decadent there is no point in restricting the best ingredients in the dish.
Every mouthful is delicious, aromatic, rich-flavored, and satisfying, and served with a contrasting side dish like steamed asparagus or mixed baby salad leaves, this makes a fantastic dinner, and you can make it from scratch and have it on the table in less than 30 minutes, including cooking the pasta and bacon, which of course you should do simultaneously to save time. Get the bacon really crispy so it crumbles between your fingers easily. Cook the bacon first because you will need to let it cool down before crumbling it. It will warm up again fast when tossed with the pasta anyway.
This is not the type of dish to tweak into something healthy, so do not even think about swapping the butter for margarine or leaving out the extra-virgin olive oil. This dish can be served in smaller portions if you do not want too much of this decadent feast, or in larger portions if you really want to treat yourself to something special.
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 1 lb bacon
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan
- Cook the bacon until it is crispy, then drain off the grease and crumble it.
- Cook the spaghetti following the directions on the package, then drain it.
- Combine the butter, oil and garlic.
- Toss the spaghetti with all the other ingredients, adding salt and black pepper to taste.
Whenever nothing but pure indulgence will do, it is time to consider making this wonderful spaghetti recipe. Combining the pasta with bacon, butter, parmesan, and garlic, you will be able to taste every one of these luxurious ingredients in every bite. Serve something contrasting on the side like a baby leaf salad or your favorite green vegetable, or just serve it as an appetizer on small plates if you are serving something quite different for the entrée. This is a quick and easy recipe to make, and you are sure to love the result.
Leave a Reply
- Homemade Italian Sausage and Spinach Calzone May 7, 2016
- Classic Italian Chicken Saltimbocca April 22, 2016
- Hunter Style Baked Italian Chicken Cacciatore April 6, 2016
- Wild Mushroom Boletus Italian Style Soup April 3, 2016
- Vegetarian Pasta Primavera with Fettuccine March 30, 2016
- Roman Style Saltimbocca Alla Romana with Polenta March 25, 2016
- Classic Italian Dishes – Parmigiana Eggplant March 25, 2016
- Authentic Vegetarian Italian Asparagus Risotto March 23, 2016
- Rotisserie Chicken and Vegetable Risotto March 19, 2016
- Citrus Feta Cheese Risotto with Spinach March 18, 2016
- One of the Best Vegetarian Lasagna Recipes with Ricotta Cheese (404501 Views)
- Home (142076 Views)
- Best Pizza Sauce for Home Made Pizza (64877 Views)
- Crispy Chicken Milanese with Herb (27742 Views)
- Authentic Clams Oreganata (20426 Views)
- The Best Bechamel in the World (14868 Views)
- Authentic Old World Italian Pizza Dough Recipe (13707 Views)
- Lasagna Rollups in the Slow Cooker (11782 Views)
- Just How Far Ahead Can I Make Lasagna (11333 Views)
- Classic Lasagna with Creamy Bechamel Sauce (11326 Views)