Super-Easy Chicken Broccoli Pasta
This makes the most wonderful family dinner and you can prepare all the ingredients in advance. If you have leftover cooked broccoli, or another kind of vegetables like mushrooms or bell peppers, or some leftover chicken breasts, consider making this easy pasta recipe. You can use penne, bowtie pasta, spirals, or any sort of pasta you like, even whole wheat pasta shapes if you like. The sauce is a mixture of Alfredo sauce and cheese. Use Mexican-blend cheese or any kind you want.
This recipe is wide open to interpretation, and you can make all kinds of tweaks. Leftover sausage or seafood can be used instead of the chicken, chili flakes can be added to the mixture for a bit of a kick, the broccoli can be swapped for carrots, mushrooms or even mixed frozen vegetables, and you can even swap the Alfredo sauce for tomato sauce. A pasta casserole such as this is ideal if you are looking for quick and easy weekday recipes to make for the family.
Making the recipe is so simple. You just have to combine all the ingredients except half the cheese, use the rest of the cheese to top the casserole, and then bake it until it is hot and the cheese on top has melted. You do not need any side dishes since this already features meat, pasta and vegetables, but if you do want a side, how about asparagus, onion rings, a mixed leaf salad, or sautéed mushroom and snow peas?
- 1 lb pasta
- 3 chopped, cooked breasts
- 24 oz Alfredo sauce
- 1 cooked broccoli, in florets
- 4 cups shredded Mexican-blend cheese
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine the pasta, chicken, Alfredo sauce, and broccoli with half the cheese.
- Grind some salt and black pepper into the mixture.
- Stir it a few times, just until the ingredients are combined.
- Transfer the mixture into a greased 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top and bake for about 20 minutes.
- Serve when the dish is warmed through and the cheese has melted.
Pasta recipes vary so much but a lot of them are really easy, and just involve mixing cooked pasta with a sauce and perhaps some meat or veggies, topping the dish with cheese, and baking it in the oven. This recipe is really easy and blends penne or your favorite kind of pasta with chicken, broccoli, Alfredo sauce, and cheese. Those are the only ingredients you need to make this tasty meal, and you might want to add this to your menu rota, since it is quick, easy, and above all tasty and satisfying for the whole family.
Leave a Reply
- Homemade Italian Sausage and Spinach Calzone May 7, 2016
- Classic Italian Chicken Saltimbocca April 22, 2016
- Hunter Style Baked Italian Chicken Cacciatore April 6, 2016
- Wild Mushroom Boletus Italian Style Soup April 3, 2016
- Vegetarian Pasta Primavera with Fettuccine March 30, 2016
- Roman Style Saltimbocca Alla Romana with Polenta March 25, 2016
- Classic Italian Dishes – Parmigiana Eggplant March 25, 2016
- Authentic Vegetarian Italian Asparagus Risotto March 23, 2016
- Rotisserie Chicken and Vegetable Risotto March 19, 2016
- Citrus Feta Cheese Risotto with Spinach March 18, 2016
- One of the Best Vegetarian Lasagna Recipes with Ricotta Cheese (404799 Views)
- Home (142306 Views)
- Best Pizza Sauce for Home Made Pizza (65165 Views)
- Crispy Chicken Milanese with Herb (27806 Views)
- Authentic Clams Oreganata (20454 Views)
- The Best Bechamel in the World (14886 Views)
- Authentic Old World Italian Pizza Dough Recipe (13731 Views)
- Lasagna Rollups in the Slow Cooker (11790 Views)
- Just How Far Ahead Can I Make Lasagna (11354 Views)
- Classic Lasagna with Creamy Bechamel Sauce (11334 Views)