Tasty Tuna Macaroni Casserole
This is a wonderful weeknight dinner and you can throw it together surprisingly quickly. Just grab a package of macaroni cheese and add some creamy soup, tuna, cheese, milk, and parsley. This creamy, tasty mixture is then baked in the oven and you will be able to smell the mouthwatering aroma while this dish is cooking. We suggest sprinkling some extra cheese and parsley on top, but you can swap the parsley for dried basil if you prefer.
This tasty dish is sure to appeal to everyone in the family, from the youngest to the most senior, because the flavor is so good and there is really nothing not to like in here. If you wish to make tweaks, that is fine, and you could consider swapping the cream of celery soup for cream of chicken soup, or even mushroom soup. Use a condensed soup and do not dilute it before adding it to the dish.
This is a cheap and cheerful meal which you can even make in advance, then just pop it in the oven in the evening when you are ready to cook it. A salad or some vegetables will be nice on the side, or you could serve corn on the cob or garlic bread if you wish, or even some green asparagus tips. Take your pick from any of these, or serve another favorite side dish. Keep the Italian theme going by serving a tasty dessert such as tiramisu or a homemade apricot or vanilla mousse perhaps.
- 1 package (7¼ oz) macaroni cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup milk
- 1 can (10¾ oz) condensed cream of celery soup
- 5 oz tuna, drained and flaked
- Minced fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare the macaroni cheese following the instructions on the package.
- Stir in the milk, undiluted soup and tuna.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 2 quart baking dish.
- Sprinkle the cheddar cheese and parsley on top.
- Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
This rich and creamy dish blends macaroni, cheese, creamy soup, and tuna, to make something which you will definitely love. This is a budget dish which is lovely served with salad leaves and tomato like in the picture, or with your favorite vegetable side dish. This lovely creamy pasta casserole is so simple to make, even if you are a beginner cook, and you can swap the cream of celery soup for cheese, mushroom or even chicken soup if you prefer. Serve this piping hot from the oven with the cheese melted beautifully on top.
Leave a Reply
- Homemade Italian Sausage and Spinach Calzone May 7, 2016
- Classic Italian Chicken Saltimbocca April 22, 2016
- Hunter Style Baked Italian Chicken Cacciatore April 6, 2016
- Wild Mushroom Boletus Italian Style Soup April 3, 2016
- Vegetarian Pasta Primavera with Fettuccine March 30, 2016
- Roman Style Saltimbocca Alla Romana with Polenta March 25, 2016
- Classic Italian Dishes – Parmigiana Eggplant March 25, 2016
- Authentic Vegetarian Italian Asparagus Risotto March 23, 2016
- Rotisserie Chicken and Vegetable Risotto March 19, 2016
- Citrus Feta Cheese Risotto with Spinach March 18, 2016
- One of the Best Vegetarian Lasagna Recipes with Ricotta Cheese (410880 Views)
- Home (146758 Views)
- Best Pizza Sauce for Home Made Pizza (70676 Views)
- Crispy Chicken Milanese with Herb (29047 Views)
- Authentic Clams Oreganata (21297 Views)
- The Best Bechamel in the World (15166 Views)
- Authentic Old World Italian Pizza Dough Recipe (14169 Views)
- Lasagna Rollups in the Slow Cooker (11950 Views)
- Just How Far Ahead Can I Make Lasagna (11761 Views)
- Classic Lasagna with Creamy Bechamel Sauce (11515 Views)