Buffalo Chicken Pizza Recipe
This buffalo chicken pizza recipe features the flavors of chicken, hot sauce and two different cheeses. If you like spicy chicken, you will love this recipe for buffalo chicken pizza. Blue cheese salad dressing is used in this recipe and if you love the flavor of blue cheese, you could also sprinkle some on the top of the pizza before baking.
Another good option is to use smoked mozzarella because it goes so well with the chicken. Chicken and cheese go together wonderfully and this pizza has a spicy kick as well as being delicious. A prepared pizza crust is used for this buffalo chicken pizza, which is a real timesaver.
If you want to make your own pizza dough you can, or else just pick out something you like, whether that is a thin, crispy crust or a thicker one. The hot sauce, butter and chicken are mixed together and then you can spread blue cheese dressing over your pizza crust followed by this chicken mixture. Add mozzarella and then you are all set to bake this pizza until the cheese has melted and the toppings are piping hot.
This makes a fantastic dinner, especially when paired with a contrasting dish such as a baby leaf salad on the side. You can adjust the amount of hot sauce used. Although buffalo chicken is normally quite spicy, you do not have to use all the hot sauce called for in the recipe if you would prefer a milder result.
- 3 cooked skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cubed
- 16 oz blue cheese salad dressing
- 2 oz hot sauce
- 8 oz shredded mozzarella
- 16 inch readymade pizza crust
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Mix together the hot sauce, butter and chicken well.
- Spread all the blue cheese salad dressing over the pizza crust and arrange the buttery chicken mixture on top.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella on top and bake the pizza for about 8 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly are the crust is golden brown.
- Let it rest for 5 minutes, then slice and serve.
The flavors in this pizza will be instantly recognizable, at least if you are familiar with buffalo chicken already. The chicken, blue cheese and hot sauce are the ingredients used to make regular buffalo chicken, while the mozzarella on top goes perfectly too. In the picture you can also see some red onion has been added to the filling. You can add some if you wish, or another kind of onion if you prefer. If you fancy spicy chicken but you are not a blue cheese fan, feel free to swap the blue cheese dressing for your favorite creamy sauce, or even just use some mayonnaise mixed with sour cream or buttermilk as your sauce.
Leave a Reply
- Homemade Italian Sausage and Spinach Calzone May 7, 2016
- Classic Italian Chicken Saltimbocca April 22, 2016
- Hunter Style Baked Italian Chicken Cacciatore April 6, 2016
- Wild Mushroom Boletus Italian Style Soup April 3, 2016
- Vegetarian Pasta Primavera with Fettuccine March 30, 2016
- Roman Style Saltimbocca Alla Romana with Polenta March 25, 2016
- Classic Italian Dishes – Parmigiana Eggplant March 25, 2016
- Authentic Vegetarian Italian Asparagus Risotto March 23, 2016
- Rotisserie Chicken and Vegetable Risotto March 19, 2016
- Citrus Feta Cheese Risotto with Spinach March 18, 2016
- One of the Best Vegetarian Lasagna Recipes with Ricotta Cheese (403227 Views)
- Home (141167 Views)
- Best Pizza Sauce for Home Made Pizza (63503 Views)
- Crispy Chicken Milanese with Herb (27501 Views)
- Authentic Clams Oreganata (20254 Views)
- The Best Bechamel in the World (14802 Views)
- Authentic Old World Italian Pizza Dough Recipe (13621 Views)
- Lasagna Rollups in the Slow Cooker (11737 Views)
- Classic Lasagna with Creamy Bechamel Sauce (11295 Views)
- Just How Far Ahead Can I Make Lasagna (11249 Views)