Deep Dish Pizza with Pepperoni
This deep dish pizza recipe is simple to make and is a really hearty dinner. There is nothing complicated about making deep dish pizza and you might even find the mixing and kneading to be a stress reliever!
The onion salt and garlic salt gives the dough in this deep dish pepperoni pizza recipe a nice flavor and the pepperoni topping contrasts well with the parmesan and mozzarella cheeses. This pizza is a particular favorite amongst kids but you will find the adults love it too. Pepperoni pizza is one of the most popular types of pizza in existence and with this homemade pizza recipe; you can make your own delicious version of it.
There is a time and place for thin and crispy crust pizzas, but sometimes nothing but a deep dish pizza will cut it, so if you want something you can really sink your teeth into you might like to consider this recipe. Of course you can tweak it too, adding any other toppings you want to use. Do you have some leftover canned corn in the refrigerator, or some leftover shredded chicken breast? Go ahead and add those if you want.
With pizza the saying ‘less is more’ does not always apply, unless you are going for a minimalist one or focusing on just one or two special ingredients. Stick with the recipe and use cheese and pepperoni if you want to focus on those flavors, or go ahead and add more if you want. That is the fun of making your own pizza, because the choice is all yours!
- ⅔ cup water
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon onion salt
- 1 teaspoon each basil, oregano and marjoram
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 ¾ cups flour
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella
- ½ cup pizza sauce
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- ½ lb pepperoni, in slices
- Mix the yeast and water and add a cup of the flour.
- Add the oil and seasonings and beat until smooth. Add more flour until the dough is soft. Turn it out on to a floured work surface and knead for 5 minutes until the dough is elastic and smooth.
- Put it in a greased bowl and turn to coat. Let is rise for an hour then punch it down and roll into a 15 inch circle.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Put the dough in a deep 12 inch ovenproof skillet and spoon the pizza sauce over it.
- Add half the mozzarella, half the pepperoni, and half the parmesan.
- Repeat the layers and then fold the crust to make a rim around the outside. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the crust is golden.
A deep dish pizza is amazing comfort food and nobody is disappointed when the aroma of a homemade pepperoni pizza is coming out of the oven. The photo shows how we like our pepperoni pizza around here, and that means served in a golden brown crust and generously filled. Plenty of cheese and plenty of pepperoni on every slice guarantees happy bellies and clean plates. The salty, meaty pepperoni, creamy melted cheese, tangy pizza sauce and lovely homemade crust ensures this pepperoni pizza is going to be a hit in your household.
Leave a Reply
- Homemade Italian Sausage and Spinach Calzone May 7, 2016
- Classic Italian Chicken Saltimbocca April 22, 2016
- Hunter Style Baked Italian Chicken Cacciatore April 6, 2016
- Wild Mushroom Boletus Italian Style Soup April 3, 2016
- Vegetarian Pasta Primavera with Fettuccine March 30, 2016
- Roman Style Saltimbocca Alla Romana with Polenta March 25, 2016
- Classic Italian Dishes – Parmigiana Eggplant March 25, 2016
- Authentic Vegetarian Italian Asparagus Risotto March 23, 2016
- Rotisserie Chicken and Vegetable Risotto March 19, 2016
- Citrus Feta Cheese Risotto with Spinach March 18, 2016
- One of the Best Vegetarian Lasagna Recipes with Ricotta Cheese (403227 Views)
- Home (141167 Views)
- Best Pizza Sauce for Home Made Pizza (63501 Views)
- Crispy Chicken Milanese with Herb (27501 Views)
- Authentic Clams Oreganata (20254 Views)
- The Best Bechamel in the World (14802 Views)
- Authentic Old World Italian Pizza Dough Recipe (13621 Views)
- Lasagna Rollups in the Slow Cooker (11737 Views)
- Classic Lasagna with Creamy Bechamel Sauce (11295 Views)
- Just How Far Ahead Can I Make Lasagna (11249 Views)