Gourmet Pizza with Chicken
Here is a gourmet chicken pizza that will stop you from having to buy gourmet boxed pizzas at the store. It is easy to put together and freeze on your own, so buying them already prepared and ready to go into the oven will be a thing of the past. This is the perfect piece of chicken pizza.
Remember that ingredient quality matters so avoid those pale, foam-like tomatoes and limp green onions and choose high quality produce, cheese, and other ingredients for your pizza. Then, enjoy a home cooked meal that is just as good as gourmet. Add a little crumbled bacon if you want, or add sautéed garlic and vegetables. This is a great departure from the average tomato based pizza.
The pizza crust is baked first, then topped with ranch dressing for a creamy and tangy result. Add your cooked chicken, 2 kinds of cheese, tomato and onion, and the pizza is ready to go back in the oven until the cheese is melted. This colorful pizza offers the same gourmet appeal you would expect to experience at a top quality pizzeria.
The difference though is of course you are making it yourself which means not only are you saving a few dollars but you also get the option to change the toppings if you prefer to use others, or switch the chicken for turkey, the green onion for red onion, or even add some leftover corn, artichoke or mushrooms for extra color and flavor. This is a pizza which is sure to appeal to everyone in the family because the ranch dressing gives it a special taste and the toppings are really good as well.
- 2 boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 refrigerated pizza crust, or pre-prepared crust
- ½ cup of your favorite ranch dressing
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ cup green onions, chopped
- extra virgin olive oil
- garlic powder, onion powder, and ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Lightly grease baking sheet or pizza pan.
- Heat a large skillet to medium high and cook chicken until juices run clear and interior is no longer pink.
- Chop into small pieces or shred after cooling.
- Spread dough out in a round on the pregreased pan, and then bake until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and brush with oil.
- Allow to cool.
- Then spread with ranch dressing.
- Top with chicken and tomatoes, and then add mozzarella and cheddar.
- Sprinkle onions on top, then return to oven for twenty to twenty-five minutes, or until cheese melts and bubbles.
Every pizza has its own appeal, whether it is the satisfying comfort food appeal of pepperoni pizza or your favorite deep-dish treat, the special classy taste of a gourmet pizza, or even the unusual flavor of a Hungarian pizza or Greek fusion pizza recipe. This one features sophisticated toppings like creamy, tangy ranch dressing, and then you also have chicken, cheese, and brightly colored vegetables. Garlic, onion and black pepper finish this off, adding the perfect flavor to a colorful and appetizing pizza. Drizzle some extra ranch dressing over the finished pizza if you want, like we have done in the photo, for added flavor.
Leave a Reply
- Homemade Italian Sausage and Spinach Calzone May 7, 2016
- Classic Italian Chicken Saltimbocca April 22, 2016
- Hunter Style Baked Italian Chicken Cacciatore April 6, 2016
- Wild Mushroom Boletus Italian Style Soup April 3, 2016
- Vegetarian Pasta Primavera with Fettuccine March 30, 2016
- Roman Style Saltimbocca Alla Romana with Polenta March 25, 2016
- Classic Italian Dishes – Parmigiana Eggplant March 25, 2016
- Authentic Vegetarian Italian Asparagus Risotto March 23, 2016
- Rotisserie Chicken and Vegetable Risotto March 19, 2016
- Citrus Feta Cheese Risotto with Spinach March 18, 2016
- One of the Best Vegetarian Lasagna Recipes with Ricotta Cheese (410882 Views)
- Home (146759 Views)
- Best Pizza Sauce for Home Made Pizza (70676 Views)
- Crispy Chicken Milanese with Herb (29047 Views)
- Authentic Clams Oreganata (21297 Views)
- The Best Bechamel in the World (15166 Views)
- Authentic Old World Italian Pizza Dough Recipe (14169 Views)
- Lasagna Rollups in the Slow Cooker (11950 Views)
- Just How Far Ahead Can I Make Lasagna (11761 Views)
- Classic Lasagna with Creamy Bechamel Sauce (11515 Views)