Mexican Chicken Pizza Recipe
A lot of people keep their pizzas simple, perhaps adding cheese, tomato, and a sprinkling of herbs. For the more adventurous, however, there are some fantastic pizza recipes around that incorporate the exciting ingredients you might find in a Mexican recipe.
This Mexican chicken pizza recipe features chicken, corn, avocado, cilantro, cheese and taco sauce, to give you a Mexican meal on a pizza crust. If you want to learn how to make a Mexican pizza, this one is a great Mexican pizza to begin with. This Mexican chicken pizza recipe is also very healthy and contains plenty of nutrients as well as being high on flavor.
Rolling Italian and Mexican cuisines into one is easier than you might think, especially when presented with a fantastic recipe like this one which boasts so many south of the border ingredients. If you are making other courses or side dishes you can choose from Mexican or Italian ones, or even offer some of each to keep the fusion appeal going.
Start off with a readymade pizza crust and then you simply need to add the sauce and toppings, and bake it in the oven. Making a Mexican pizza could not be simpler. This is not a spicy recipe but if you do like a kick with your Mexican food then feel free to either add sliced jalapeños to the pizza toppings or else add some hot sauce before serving.
- 1 cup shredded taco cheese blend or Mexican cheese
- ¾ cup taco sauce
- 10 oz pre-baked thin pizza crust
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 ¼ cups frozen southwestern corn blend
- 12 oz pre-cooked fajita style strips of chicken
- ¼ cup chopped avocado
- 1 lime, cut into 6 wedges
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Spread the taco sauce over the pizza crust, leaving a half inch border.
- Add the corn, cheese and chicken and bake for 8 minutes on the middle oven rack or until the cheese melts and the crust is crisp and golden brown.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and avocado and cut into slices.
- Serve with the lime wedges.
One bite of this lovely Mexican topped pizza and you will be in heaven because it tastes so good. Mexico and Italy are both home to some wonderful recipes but combine them and you end up with something like this – your favorite kind of pizza crust topped with chicken, corn and taco sauce, as well as cheese, and served with avocado, lime and cilantro for tasty Mexican touches. In the photo we have used mushrooms, capers and beef too, and it is your choice whether to use extra ingredients to add more dimensions to the flavor, or whether to stick with the chicken, corn and cheese as your toppings, because either would be fine.
Leave a Reply
- Homemade Italian Sausage and Spinach Calzone May 7, 2016
- Classic Italian Chicken Saltimbocca April 22, 2016
- Hunter Style Baked Italian Chicken Cacciatore April 6, 2016
- Wild Mushroom Boletus Italian Style Soup April 3, 2016
- Vegetarian Pasta Primavera with Fettuccine March 30, 2016
- Roman Style Saltimbocca Alla Romana with Polenta March 25, 2016
- Classic Italian Dishes – Parmigiana Eggplant March 25, 2016
- Authentic Vegetarian Italian Asparagus Risotto March 23, 2016
- Rotisserie Chicken and Vegetable Risotto March 19, 2016
- Citrus Feta Cheese Risotto with Spinach March 18, 2016
- One of the Best Vegetarian Lasagna Recipes with Ricotta Cheese (403227 Views)
- Home (141167 Views)
- Best Pizza Sauce for Home Made Pizza (63501 Views)
- Crispy Chicken Milanese with Herb (27501 Views)
- Authentic Clams Oreganata (20254 Views)
- The Best Bechamel in the World (14802 Views)
- Authentic Old World Italian Pizza Dough Recipe (13621 Views)
- Lasagna Rollups in the Slow Cooker (11737 Views)
- Classic Lasagna with Creamy Bechamel Sauce (11295 Views)
- Just How Far Ahead Can I Make Lasagna (11249 Views)