Pepperoni Mushroom Pizza Pepperoni Combo
Pizza has long been one of America’s favorite foods, as is evidenced by the fact that there are so many chains and family establishments that provide diners with an extensive variety of their favorite pizzas. Many people find that making their own pizza at home is a great way to save money and enjoy a delightful dinner, as there is no need to order takeout pizza when you can simply whip one up in the comfort of your own home.
The following pizza recipe comes with a fluffy crust that is simple to make and comes out crunchy when rolled thin. The pepperoni and mushroom toppings are some of the most popular in the country, and the delicious mozzarella cheese provides the pizza with a rich flavor that combines perfectly with the tangy tomato sauce. All in all, the entire recipe makes for one delicious pizza.
The best thing about these homemade pizzas is that you can use the ingredients of your choice, and you are able to switch out the ingredients of the recipe for your preferred ingredients. If you prefer brown flour, organic cheese, turkey bacon, or ham for your pizza, you will find that there is little that needs to be done to alter the recipe to accommodate your preferences.
- 4 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups of warm water
- 1 ½ tablespoons of yeast
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 pound of mozzarella cheese
- ½ pound pepperoni
- ½ pound sausage
- 5 large mushrooms
- 1 12 oz. can of tomato sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- The first thing to do is to mix up the dough. Combine the yeast and warm water in a bowl to one side, and pour it into a larger mixing bowl containing the flour and oil. Use your hands to combine the dough, and mix it until it forms a large ball.
- Knead the dough for 10 minutes, and then set it aside to rise for an hour and a half.
- As the dough is rising, place the tomato sauce on the stove to boil. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Grate the cheese and slice the mushrooms.
- Once the dough has risen, roll it out into separate pizza crusts.
- Cook the crusts in the oven for 10 minutes or until stiff.
- Cover the bottom of the crusts with tomato sauce, sprinkle the cheese on liberally, add the pepperoni, sausage and complete the pizza by topping it with mushrooms.
- Place the pizza in the oven to cook for 20 to 25 minutes, and remove once the cheese has melted completely.
You will find that this recipe is guaranteed to be an instant success with your family and friends, due largely to the pepperoni and mushrooms topping the pizza. This pizza can be made in a couple of hours, and it will be easy to prepare for any family occasion. Meat toppings are always popular on pizzas regardless of what kind of crust and sauce you are using, and the pepperoni and sausage on this one are also complemented by the earthy taste of the mushrooms. You can be generous with the mozzarella too if you like cheesy pizzas – the more the better, many pizza fans would say!
Leave a Reply
- Homemade Italian Sausage and Spinach Calzone May 7, 2016
- Classic Italian Chicken Saltimbocca April 22, 2016
- Hunter Style Baked Italian Chicken Cacciatore April 6, 2016
- Wild Mushroom Boletus Italian Style Soup April 3, 2016
- Vegetarian Pasta Primavera with Fettuccine March 30, 2016
- Roman Style Saltimbocca Alla Romana with Polenta March 25, 2016
- Classic Italian Dishes – Parmigiana Eggplant March 25, 2016
- Authentic Vegetarian Italian Asparagus Risotto March 23, 2016
- Rotisserie Chicken and Vegetable Risotto March 19, 2016
- Citrus Feta Cheese Risotto with Spinach March 18, 2016
- One of the Best Vegetarian Lasagna Recipes with Ricotta Cheese (403227 Views)
- Home (141167 Views)
- Best Pizza Sauce for Home Made Pizza (63501 Views)
- Crispy Chicken Milanese with Herb (27501 Views)
- Authentic Clams Oreganata (20254 Views)
- The Best Bechamel in the World (14802 Views)
- Authentic Old World Italian Pizza Dough Recipe (13621 Views)
- Lasagna Rollups in the Slow Cooker (11737 Views)
- Classic Lasagna with Creamy Bechamel Sauce (11295 Views)
- Just How Far Ahead Can I Make Lasagna (11249 Views)