Popular Pepperoni Pizza on a Garlic Crust
Pepperoni is the most requested pizza topping of all time and with this delicious recipe for homemade pizza you can create pepperoni pizza at home as a treat for the family. A lot of pizza recipes contain pepperoni but this one has lots of pepperoni in it so nobody can complain that their slice is short on their favorite pizza topping!
Also, these are personal pizzas so everyone gets the same amount. The pepperoni is teamed with mozzarella cheese, which goes beautifully stringy and stretchy when hot, mushrooms and tomatoes for plenty of nutrients and flavor too. This is one of our pizza dough recipes, which you can make in a bread machine to save time.
Just look at the pizza in the picture and see how generously topped it is. Seriously, it is hard to look at without your mouth watering, so just imagine how it smells and of course how it tastes! As for making it, well that is an easy process too. You will be using a bread machine to make your own crust, although if you prefer to use readymade dough or a rolled-out crust from the store, that is your prerogative. It depends how much time you have available too, but even if you use a readymade crust the pizza will still technically be homemade because the pepperoni and other toppings are prepared and added by you, and you are baking the pizza.
Choose your favorite pizza sauce for this, and add shredded mozzarella, pepperoni, mushrooms, and a generous pinch of mixed herbs, or perhaps some dried oregano which is traditional. This is one of the most delicious and filling pizza recipes you can make, and any pepperoni fan is going to love how it tastes.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil or olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¾ cup warm water (70 or 80 degrees F)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 8 oz canned pizza sauce
- 2 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 24 slices pepperoni
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 teaspoon mixed herbs
- 5 mushrooms sliced
- 8 oz shredded mozzarella
- 2 ¼ teaspoons active dry yeast
- Put the water, oil, salt, sugar, flour, yeast and garlic powder in the bread machine and select the dough setting. Check it after 5 minutes, adding some water or flour if you need to.
- Turn the dough on to a lightly floured surface and punch it down. Cover the dough and let it rest for 10 minutes then divide it into fourths.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Roll each dough fourth into a 7 inch circle and place them on greased baking sheets.
- Top with the pizza sauce, herbs, cheese, mushrooms, tomato, and pepperoni.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Pepperoni pizza is famous all over the world. Even in countries where they do not eat pepperoni pizza can be found, because it is one of the best foods of all time. In the United States, pepperoni is one of the most popular toppings, and paired simply with cheese, it offers a delicious topping. This recipe takes the pizza to the next level by featuring a garlic crust which you can make using a bread machine, along with mushrooms, tomato and herbs. The result is something hearty, wholesome and really tasty.
Leave a Reply
- Homemade Italian Sausage and Spinach Calzone May 7, 2016
- Classic Italian Chicken Saltimbocca April 22, 2016
- Hunter Style Baked Italian Chicken Cacciatore April 6, 2016
- Wild Mushroom Boletus Italian Style Soup April 3, 2016
- Vegetarian Pasta Primavera with Fettuccine March 30, 2016
- Roman Style Saltimbocca Alla Romana with Polenta March 25, 2016
- Classic Italian Dishes – Parmigiana Eggplant March 25, 2016
- Authentic Vegetarian Italian Asparagus Risotto March 23, 2016
- Rotisserie Chicken and Vegetable Risotto March 19, 2016
- Citrus Feta Cheese Risotto with Spinach March 18, 2016
- One of the Best Vegetarian Lasagna Recipes with Ricotta Cheese (410882 Views)
- Home (146759 Views)
- Best Pizza Sauce for Home Made Pizza (70676 Views)
- Crispy Chicken Milanese with Herb (29047 Views)
- Authentic Clams Oreganata (21297 Views)
- The Best Bechamel in the World (15166 Views)
- Authentic Old World Italian Pizza Dough Recipe (14169 Views)
- Lasagna Rollups in the Slow Cooker (11950 Views)
- Just How Far Ahead Can I Make Lasagna (11761 Views)
- Classic Lasagna with Creamy Bechamel Sauce (11515 Views)