Simple Recipe for Pepperoni Pizza
Pepperoni has been the topping of choice for most Americans, and the majority of the pizzas ordered around the country go out with a generous portion of the delicious meat on top. Pepperoni infuses the pizza with flavor and delicious taste, and you will find that every pizza is made better as a result of the slightly-spicy pepperoni. Making your own pizza with nothing else but pepperoni is as easy as following the simple recipe laid out below.
The following recipe for pepperoni pizza is incredibly easy to follow, and the pizza dough is easily made by combining yeast, warm water, flour, and a dash of oil. The cheese used to top the pizza is either a tasty mozzarella, a tangy cheddar, or a rich Gouda. Tomato sauce can be bought in a can, or it can be made at home for the best flavor. All that is left is to top the pizza with the delicious pepperoni, sit back, and enjoy it.
The pepperoni pizza recipe is incredibly simple, and you will find that making this pizza can be a great activity for you to do with your children. If you ever do not know what to do on a rainy afternoon, why not whip up some delicious homemade pizzas in just a couple of hours and enjoy a tasty pizza dinner without having to order takeout?
- 5 cups of white flour
- 1 ¾ cups of warm water
- 1 ¾ tablespoons of yeast
- 1⅓ tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 pound of grated cheese
- ½ pound of pepperoni
- 5 large tomatoes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 small onion
- 5 cloves of garlic
- In order to prepare the pizza, the dough must be made first. In a small bowl, mix the yeast into the warm water. Add the yeast mixture to the bowl with flour, and add the oil before mixing.
- Use your hands to mix the ingredients together until they form a large ball of dough, which you will then proceed to knead for 10 minutes. Once the dough has been kneaded, place it in a large bowl and cover it. Let it sit for 2 hours to give the dough time to rise.
- As the dough is rising, place the tomatoes, chopped in half, in a saucepan to boil with the garlic and onion. Once the tomatoes are boiling, puree them in a food processor and return them to the stove. Add basil, thyme, salt, pepper, and oregano to taste, and cook the tomato sauce until it is thoroughly done and most of the acidity is gone.
- Roll the risen dough into individual crusts, place on a greased sheet of baking paper, and cover with the tomato sauce, cheese, and pepperoni pizza.
- Cook the pizza for 40 minutes, or until you feel the crust is sufficiently cooked.
The pizza recipe above is easy to follow, and it can be made in a matter of minutes. The things that will take a while will be the pizza dough as it rises and the homemade tomato sauce for the pizza as it cooks. If you can be patient as these elements are being prepared, your pizza will be as tasty and delightful as you could hope for. The pepperoni is a classic topping, and so many people would say this is their favorite topping of all. In addition to that, this pizza includes cheese and a tasty, homemade tomato sauce. After just one bite of this delicious pizza, you will be smiling as widely as the girl in the photo.
Leave a Reply
- Homemade Italian Sausage and Spinach Calzone May 7, 2016
- Classic Italian Chicken Saltimbocca April 22, 2016
- Hunter Style Baked Italian Chicken Cacciatore April 6, 2016
- Wild Mushroom Boletus Italian Style Soup April 3, 2016
- Vegetarian Pasta Primavera with Fettuccine March 30, 2016
- Roman Style Saltimbocca Alla Romana with Polenta March 25, 2016
- Classic Italian Dishes – Parmigiana Eggplant March 25, 2016
- Authentic Vegetarian Italian Asparagus Risotto March 23, 2016
- Rotisserie Chicken and Vegetable Risotto March 19, 2016
- Citrus Feta Cheese Risotto with Spinach March 18, 2016
- One of the Best Vegetarian Lasagna Recipes with Ricotta Cheese (404501 Views)
- Home (142077 Views)
- Best Pizza Sauce for Home Made Pizza (64881 Views)
- Crispy Chicken Milanese with Herb (27742 Views)
- Authentic Clams Oreganata (20426 Views)
- The Best Bechamel in the World (14868 Views)
- Authentic Old World Italian Pizza Dough Recipe (13707 Views)
- Lasagna Rollups in the Slow Cooker (11782 Views)
- Just How Far Ahead Can I Make Lasagna (11335 Views)
- Classic Lasagna with Creamy Bechamel Sauce (11326 Views)