Three Meat Pizza Meat Lovers Pizza Bake
This is a great three-meat pizza bake, with the flavors of sausage, beef, and pepperoni. If you are looking for a great pizza for carnivores, meat lovers need look no further. This meat pizza also includes olives, cheese and pizza sauce, and the crust is made from milk, eggs, and biscuit mix for a very individual taste and texture.
Rather than a pizza base, this three-meat pizza is inverted and the crust is on the top, so this dish is like a combination between a casserole and a pizza. The pizza sauce in the recipe gives the meat, olives, and cheese a sauce, and keeps everything tasty and moist.
This is quite a hearty pizza. Rather than serving this as a light snack, this one is worth serving for dinner, especially if you are really hungry because it is so satisfying. The sausage, beef and bell pepper are sautéed first, then the other ingredients go into the pan to combine. The cheese goes on top and finally you will be adding the crust.
This might all seem rather upside down to you, and that is exactly how this recipe goes, so why not just make it and discover how special this pie is? It boasts all the flavors you already expect from meaty pizzas but with a twist. Invert it to serve it fillings facing up, or serve it just as it is for more of a casserole/pie look.
- 1 lb hot or sweet Italian sausage
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 oz sliced olives
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ¾ cup biscuit mix
- ½ cup chopped green bell pepper
- 3 ½ oz chopped, sliced pepperoni
- 15 oz pizza sauce
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Sauté the sausage, beef and green bell pepper in a skillet over a moderate flame until the meat is cooked.
- Drain off the fat. Stir in the olives, pepperoni and sauce, then transfer the mixture to a 7 x 11 inch baking dish. Sprinkle the mozzarella over the top.
- Mix together the eggs, milk and biscuit mix, then pour this over the cheese.
- Bake uncovered for about 25 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown.
- Let the pizza rest for 5 or 10 minutes, then slice and serve.
Meaty pizzas are always tasty and satisfying, and this one is extra-special. Boasting 3 different meats as well as vegetables, olives, cheese and more, this pizza is made slightly differently to other pizzas. The topping ingredients are more of a filling than a topping, then you will be adding a layer of cheese and finally the crust. Invert it to serve it like the picture or serve it with the crust on top, rather like another kind of pie. Either way, you will be impressed with the nice flavors offered here.
Leave a Reply
- Homemade Italian Sausage and Spinach Calzone May 7, 2016
- Classic Italian Chicken Saltimbocca April 22, 2016
- Hunter Style Baked Italian Chicken Cacciatore April 6, 2016
- Wild Mushroom Boletus Italian Style Soup April 3, 2016
- Vegetarian Pasta Primavera with Fettuccine March 30, 2016
- Roman Style Saltimbocca Alla Romana with Polenta March 25, 2016
- Classic Italian Dishes – Parmigiana Eggplant March 25, 2016
- Authentic Vegetarian Italian Asparagus Risotto March 23, 2016
- Rotisserie Chicken and Vegetable Risotto March 19, 2016
- Citrus Feta Cheese Risotto with Spinach March 18, 2016
- One of the Best Vegetarian Lasagna Recipes with Ricotta Cheese (410778 Views)
- Home (146727 Views)
- Best Pizza Sauce for Home Made Pizza (70616 Views)
- Crispy Chicken Milanese with Herb (29037 Views)
- Authentic Clams Oreganata (21289 Views)
- The Best Bechamel in the World (15162 Views)
- Authentic Old World Italian Pizza Dough Recipe (14167 Views)
- Lasagna Rollups in the Slow Cooker (11950 Views)
- Just How Far Ahead Can I Make Lasagna (11760 Views)
- Classic Lasagna with Creamy Bechamel Sauce (11515 Views)