California Style Pizza Dough Recipe
California style pizza is the source of some of our most innovative pizzas. They came up with the barbecue chicken pizza and many other things that are now old favorites. It is no wonder that a lot of people want to get the taste of their favorite California style pizza pie at home. Sure, you could buy a frozen one from the grocery store, but the cost adds up, and most people prefer the taste of fresh baked.
Fortunately, there is this California style pizza dough recipe, which can help you have the great taste of that classic crust at home. Try it once, and you will agree that it is a lot like the real thing. Remember to use Kosher salt over ordinary table salt, and that extra virgin olive oil has a lot more flavor than the more processed type.
The ingredients you need to make this California style pizza dough are easy to find and simple to combine. You will need bread flour, yeast, salt, sugar, olive oil, and some water. These ingredients combine and then you can knead the resulting dough. It can then be allowed to rise somewhere warm and then you can stretch it out and get ready to make the most delicious pizza ever.
To stick with the California theme, consider toppings like shrimp and crab, along with fresh vegetables. Pineapple would be nice if you are using seafood. The sky is the limit though and you can combine any pizza sauce with any toppings, and expect a mouthwatering result.
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon warm water
- 1 ½ cups unbleached bread flour
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- Mix water and yeast in a small bowl.
- Place dry ingredients in a large bowl and stir until combined. Create a well in the middle and pour in all liquids except 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
- Combine with a wooden spoon. As soon as all flour has been mixed in, turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead for five minutes with oiled hands.
- The dough will be smooth, elastic, and slightly sticky.
- Use remaining oil to grease a 1 quart mixing bowl. Place the ball in the bowl and flip to oil evenly.
- Cover tightly with plastic and allow to rise one and a half to two hours, or until doubled in size. Refrigerate if not using right away.
- Stretch dough onto a thirteen inch pizza pan, sealing all holes.
- Allow to rest briefly, then top as usual.
- Heat oven to 450 degrees and bake pizzas until crust is brown and cheese has melted.
A great pizza begins with a great pizza crust, so choose this recipe and you can be assured of starting your homemade pizza off perfectly. If you like the California style of pizza, this recipe will fit your requirements exactly, and then you can consider making a white pizza using a cream sauce and light-colored toppings such as garlic, onion and 2 or 3 kinds of cheese, or think about a tomato sauce topped with cheese, tuna, red onion, and olives, like you can see in the photo. Whichever you choose, this pizza is going to really impress you.
Leave a Reply
- Homemade Italian Sausage and Spinach Calzone May 7, 2016
- Classic Italian Chicken Saltimbocca April 22, 2016
- Hunter Style Baked Italian Chicken Cacciatore April 6, 2016
- Wild Mushroom Boletus Italian Style Soup April 3, 2016
- Vegetarian Pasta Primavera with Fettuccine March 30, 2016
- Roman Style Saltimbocca Alla Romana with Polenta March 25, 2016
- Classic Italian Dishes – Parmigiana Eggplant March 25, 2016
- Authentic Vegetarian Italian Asparagus Risotto March 23, 2016
- Rotisserie Chicken and Vegetable Risotto March 19, 2016
- Citrus Feta Cheese Risotto with Spinach March 18, 2016
- One of the Best Vegetarian Lasagna Recipes with Ricotta Cheese (404501 Views)
- Home (142076 Views)
- Best Pizza Sauce for Home Made Pizza (64881 Views)
- Crispy Chicken Milanese with Herb (27742 Views)
- Authentic Clams Oreganata (20426 Views)
- The Best Bechamel in the World (14868 Views)
- Authentic Old World Italian Pizza Dough Recipe (13707 Views)
- Lasagna Rollups in the Slow Cooker (11782 Views)
- Just How Far Ahead Can I Make Lasagna (11333 Views)
- Classic Lasagna with Creamy Bechamel Sauce (11326 Views)