Creating Your Own Chewy Pizza Dough Recipe
Pizza dough comes in all different types, and when you are making your own pizza dough at home, you have the opportunity to make it exactly the way that you want it. You do not have to sit there and hope that the delivery place is going to get it right. You get the same chewy pizza dough recipe that you desire every single time, making your meal a happy one. When you want a chewy crust, you use a dough that is created for thicker pizza crust.
Once you have gotten this dough prepared, the sky is truly the limit on what you can do with it. Pizza is not the only option you have with this recipe, especially since you have a chewy preference going on. This is also a great dough to use for breadsticks and calzones. It is also a rather simple recipe, so you do not need any fancy equipment or techniques to get it ready for baking.
A chewy pizza dough recipe does take some time to get used to, as you might have to adjust the way that you end up rolling out the dough. Once you finish creating the recipe, however, you will know exactly where to adjust the next time. Chewy pizza dough stores very well in the fridge or freezer, so you can always have pizza dough on hand if needed.
- 3 cups bread flour (You must use bread flour for this recipe, regular flour will not give you the same effect)
- 1 package yeast
- 1⅛ cups warm water (warm, not hot)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp seasoning of your choice (Italian seasoning works great)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Flour for dusting
- Begin your chewy pizza dough recipe by getting a bowl large enough to mix all of your dough ingredients in. Get a few tea towels or kitchen towels as well. Pour the water in to the bowl and sprinkle the entire package of yeast on top of it. Avoid disrupting the water at all, you want to let the yeast sit on top and proof.
- Check the bowl after 10 minutes. By this time, the yeast should finish proofing and you can begin to add the rest of the ingredients. Start with the sugar, then add the salt. Continue with the olive oil. Once the wet ingredients are in the bowl, incorporate the bread flour.
- You have two options to mix your chewy pizza dough recipe. If you do not have a stand mixer, it is possible to work the flour entirely in to the water by hand. It might get a bit tough at the end, but it is not impossible. The other option is to use a paddle attachment on your stand mixer.
- Cover the bowl with a towel once it is entirely mixed and wait for approximately 1 to 1.5 hours. Dust your countertop and roll the dough out once it has risen to twice its original size. After that, split the dough into three sections and ball each up. Wait for the individual dough balls to rise. Once they have risen, the dough is finished and ready to be rolled out.
Enjoy a delicious pizza any night of the week by having your own chewy pizza dough recipe on hand at all times. Once you have gotten some dough created, you are only minutes away from enjoying a delicious meal. Your family is going to love your quick solutions to their hungry bellies, that’s for sure. It is even better if you have a party or unexpected company to get ready for. Making homemade pizza not only assures you of a tasty result, and also a healthy one depending what toppings you use, but it is also a lot of fun to make, and easier than you perhaps thought. This recipe creates a chewy pizza crust which will really satisfy everyone’s belly.
Leave a Reply
- Homemade Italian Sausage and Spinach Calzone May 7, 2016
- Classic Italian Chicken Saltimbocca April 22, 2016
- Hunter Style Baked Italian Chicken Cacciatore April 6, 2016
- Wild Mushroom Boletus Italian Style Soup April 3, 2016
- Vegetarian Pasta Primavera with Fettuccine March 30, 2016
- Roman Style Saltimbocca Alla Romana with Polenta March 25, 2016
- Classic Italian Dishes – Parmigiana Eggplant March 25, 2016
- Authentic Vegetarian Italian Asparagus Risotto March 23, 2016
- Rotisserie Chicken and Vegetable Risotto March 19, 2016
- Citrus Feta Cheese Risotto with Spinach March 18, 2016
- One of the Best Vegetarian Lasagna Recipes with Ricotta Cheese (404501 Views)
- Home (142077 Views)
- Best Pizza Sauce for Home Made Pizza (64881 Views)
- Crispy Chicken Milanese with Herb (27742 Views)
- Authentic Clams Oreganata (20426 Views)
- The Best Bechamel in the World (14868 Views)
- Authentic Old World Italian Pizza Dough Recipe (13707 Views)
- Lasagna Rollups in the Slow Cooker (11782 Views)
- Just How Far Ahead Can I Make Lasagna (11335 Views)
- Classic Lasagna with Creamy Bechamel Sauce (11326 Views)