Healthy Wheat Pizza Dough Recipe
It seems like everyone needs to be more health conscious these days. Whether you are just going to end up keeping your calorie count low because you are trying to lose weight, or you just want to eat healthier overall, you will find that you get plenty of opportunities with a wheat pizza dough recipe. The wheat pizza dough provides you with a much better way than your typical flour pizza. While you might have some adjustment to eating this type of pizza, it has a great taste as well.
The uniqueness of the wheat pizza dough recipe also plays off of certain ingredients better than others. For example, you can opt to go for vegetables instead of meats on a wheat pizza. Not only do you keep it healthier, you also play up the strengths of the wheat flavor over other types.
Another useful attribute of a wheat pizza dough recipe is the fact that it has an interesting texture when cooked. You get a chewy mouthful on the inside, but the outside tends to be rather crisp. This works great if you’re a fan of crispy thin crust pizza that still has a bit of a chew to it when you get in to it.
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 2 ½ cups wheat flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 ½ tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs yeast (one packet)
- 1 ¼ cup warm water. Test the temperature of the water against your wrist to get warm water, not hot.
- Pour the water into a bowl. Remove the yeast from its package and pour it in to the water. Do not stir the yeast in to the water. Leave the yeast alone to proof for approximately 8 minutes. Small bubbles should appear at the top of the water if the yeast is active.
- Add the olive oil to the water. Sprinkle the salt in to the mixture. Slowly combine both the flour and wheat flour in to the liquid. Use either a spatula or a stand mixer with dough hooks on low to do so.
- Work the dough for 8 minutes and cover with a towel. Let the dough stand for an hour while it rises.
- Spread regular flour over the area you are going to work the dough at. Move the dough from the bowl to the working surface. Roll the dough in to a ball and let it alone to rise once again. Let stand for 1 hour. Roll the dough out to make a pizza crust, or store in the fridge or freezer to use for later.
A wheat pizza dough recipe provides you with the base of one delicious pizza. You might be thinking about your health at first, but after you have taken a bite of this pizza you are going to change your mind. The best part is that the wheat pizza dough recipe is quite easy to create, and you are going to end up with a freezer full of this delicious crust once you have mastered the art of a healthy dough. Whether you are reading this because you are looking for healthy ways to make your favorite comfort food, or you have some whole wheat flour and need some ideas for it, we cannot recommend this crust highly enough because it is so good.
Leave a Reply
- Homemade Italian Sausage and Spinach Calzone May 7, 2016
- Classic Italian Chicken Saltimbocca April 22, 2016
- Hunter Style Baked Italian Chicken Cacciatore April 6, 2016
- Wild Mushroom Boletus Italian Style Soup April 3, 2016
- Vegetarian Pasta Primavera with Fettuccine March 30, 2016
- Roman Style Saltimbocca Alla Romana with Polenta March 25, 2016
- Classic Italian Dishes – Parmigiana Eggplant March 25, 2016
- Authentic Vegetarian Italian Asparagus Risotto March 23, 2016
- Rotisserie Chicken and Vegetable Risotto March 19, 2016
- Citrus Feta Cheese Risotto with Spinach March 18, 2016
- One of the Best Vegetarian Lasagna Recipes with Ricotta Cheese (403227 Views)
- Home (141167 Views)
- Best Pizza Sauce for Home Made Pizza (63501 Views)
- Crispy Chicken Milanese with Herb (27501 Views)
- Authentic Clams Oreganata (20254 Views)
- The Best Bechamel in the World (14802 Views)
- Authentic Old World Italian Pizza Dough Recipe (13621 Views)
- Lasagna Rollups in the Slow Cooker (11737 Views)
- Classic Lasagna with Creamy Bechamel Sauce (11295 Views)
- Just How Far Ahead Can I Make Lasagna (11249 Views)