Make an Authentic Italian Thin Pizza Crust Recipe
Whether you have wanted to learn to make your own pizza for a while or if you have been a pizza lover your entire life and want to make your own dough for your pizza, you can learn to make your very own thin pizza crust to get the most of the added ingredients you are using as well.
Making your own thin pizza dough and crust does not require much time (other than allowing the dough to rise) and can be done using your own oven, not requiring a bread maker to complete the task. This pizza dough recipe does not cost much to make (which especially works well for larger households or when preserving leftovers for future meals) and is great when you do not have an extensive array of ingredient options on hand.
Having a recipe on hand for your very own thin pizza allows you to whip up a quick dinner for visitors and guests or a quick meal for your family during the week if you are pressed for time or limited on ingredients (as long as you have prepared dough!)
- 2 tsp. vegetable oil
- 6 tbsp. warm water
- 1 tsp. sugar
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. active dry yeast
- 1 ¾ cups bread flour
- Add and mix the yeast, oil, and sugar into a bowl together.
- Add all of your ingredients into a food processor and mix (until the mixture begins to take the shape of small crumbs).
- Grab the crumb mixture and begin meshing it together, forming a ball of dough that is "stuck" together. Press firmly to ensure the ball is formed and solid. Place the ball of dough into a bowl and cover it. Allow the dough to rise for 24 hours in a refrigerator.
- Roll the dough onto a lightly-floured surface to create a very thin pizza dough after the dough has risen. Pre-heat your oven to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Poke holes into the dough with a fork all over the surface (not entirely through the dough).
- Place your dough onto a pan and bake for about 4 minutes in your oven (at 500 degrees Fahrenheit), or until the pizza is just turning golden brown.
- Remove the pizza from the oven and keep on the pan. Add your toppings and sauce and return to the oven for an additional 5 minutes, or until the edges of the pizza are golden brown and when your cheese has also melted on the pizza.
- Some options for an original Italian-style "Pizza Margherita" on thin pizza dough includes using fresh basil leaves along with fresh mozzarella, topped with your own homemade pizza sauce made from tomatoes, garlic, salt, pepper, and oregano as well.
This Italian original crust pizza dough is authentic in its Italian style and taste, and does not require much time or effort to create. With this dough, the possibilities of toppings and rich flavors are endless and all depend on your own taste buds and preferences when it comes to enjoying the Italian cuisine. Visit Italy, order pizza, and you will be rewarded with a thin and crispy crust topped with fresh, colorful toppings. This thin and tasty crust is authentically Italian and the flavor is simply wonderful. You will not regret making this recipe.
Leave a Reply
- Homemade Italian Sausage and Spinach Calzone May 7, 2016
- Classic Italian Chicken Saltimbocca April 22, 2016
- Hunter Style Baked Italian Chicken Cacciatore April 6, 2016
- Wild Mushroom Boletus Italian Style Soup April 3, 2016
- Vegetarian Pasta Primavera with Fettuccine March 30, 2016
- Roman Style Saltimbocca Alla Romana with Polenta March 25, 2016
- Classic Italian Dishes – Parmigiana Eggplant March 25, 2016
- Authentic Vegetarian Italian Asparagus Risotto March 23, 2016
- Rotisserie Chicken and Vegetable Risotto March 19, 2016
- Citrus Feta Cheese Risotto with Spinach March 18, 2016
- One of the Best Vegetarian Lasagna Recipes with Ricotta Cheese (410780 Views)
- Home (146729 Views)
- Best Pizza Sauce for Home Made Pizza (70616 Views)
- Crispy Chicken Milanese with Herb (29037 Views)
- Authentic Clams Oreganata (21289 Views)
- The Best Bechamel in the World (15162 Views)
- Authentic Old World Italian Pizza Dough Recipe (14167 Views)
- Lasagna Rollups in the Slow Cooker (11950 Views)
- Just How Far Ahead Can I Make Lasagna (11760 Views)
- Classic Lasagna with Creamy Bechamel Sauce (11515 Views)