Make Pizza Healthy and Fun with a Whole Grain Pizza Crust Recipe
One of the buzz words in the diet world has to be whole grains. When you are looking for low fat and healthy alternatives to the foods that you eat every day, chances are you have heard whole grain again and again. Now you can take that whole grain focus and deliver it right to your pizza. Since pizza is one of the fattest things that many people eat on a day to day basis, you are going to want to focus on it to cut down on your calories.
A whole grain pizza crust recipe provides you with a solid amount of dough that can be used for the pizza, breadsticks, and several other applications. When you have it on hand for a pizza, however, you are going to end up enjoying it with all manner of toppings at the ready.
This type of pizza is not just for the health food nut. While the health conscious are most likely to pursue it, you can add it to your family’s diet without much in the way of protests. After all, it is still pizza, and that is what counts.
- 3 ½ cups whole wheat flour
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups warm water
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 whole package of instant rise yeast
- Proof the yeast by combining the entire package with the water in a bowl. Allow the bowl to sit, undisturbed, for approximately 8 minutes. Pour the olive oil, sugar, and salt in to the bowl. Get a spatula or stand mixer with a dough hook and work the whole wheat flour in to the water. Spread the all-purpose flour on to the counter and wait approximately 1 hour for the dough in the bowl to rise.
- Move the whole grain pizza crust recipe from the bowl to the floured space. Divide the dough into three different pieces. Roll each piece and allow to rise for an hour.
- Store excess dough in the fridge or freezer, depending on how soon you are going to end up using it. This dough keeps quite well, so you can build up a stockpile of it if you are in the mood for it. To use this whole grain pizza crust recipe for a pizza, roll out the dough until it reaches your desired thickness. Spread your toppings evenly on the crust and bake in a 475 degree oven for approximately 15 minutes.
Enjoy one of the healthiest pizzas that you can get your hands on with this whole grain pizza crust recipe. The health conscious will love the calorie savings, while those who just want to enjoy their pizzas without feeling bad about it will enjoy it even more. It is a great type of pizza that really wins you over with its versatility. The pizza crust ends up being quite crispy, as the type of flour that makes up most of it tends to have a bit higher gluten content. The whole grain pizza crust recipe is quite excellent, no matter what your reasons are.
Leave a Reply
- Homemade Italian Sausage and Spinach Calzone May 7, 2016
- Classic Italian Chicken Saltimbocca April 22, 2016
- Hunter Style Baked Italian Chicken Cacciatore April 6, 2016
- Wild Mushroom Boletus Italian Style Soup April 3, 2016
- Vegetarian Pasta Primavera with Fettuccine March 30, 2016
- Roman Style Saltimbocca Alla Romana with Polenta March 25, 2016
- Classic Italian Dishes – Parmigiana Eggplant March 25, 2016
- Authentic Vegetarian Italian Asparagus Risotto March 23, 2016
- Rotisserie Chicken and Vegetable Risotto March 19, 2016
- Citrus Feta Cheese Risotto with Spinach March 18, 2016
- One of the Best Vegetarian Lasagna Recipes with Ricotta Cheese (404202 Views)
- Home (141877 Views)
- Best Pizza Sauce for Home Made Pizza (64562 Views)
- Crispy Chicken Milanese with Herb (27674 Views)
- Authentic Clams Oreganata (20401 Views)
- The Best Bechamel in the World (14847 Views)
- Authentic Old World Italian Pizza Dough Recipe (13686 Views)
- Lasagna Rollups in the Slow Cooker (11772 Views)
- Classic Lasagna with Creamy Bechamel Sauce (11319 Views)
- Just How Far Ahead Can I Make Lasagna (11314 Views)