Pizza Dough for Pan Pizza
Pan pizza is perhaps the most famous pizza there is and these delicious pizzas are known the world over. If you want to know how to make pizza dough in the pan pizza style, this recipe produces enough pan pizza style dough for one pizza.
This pan pizza dough recipe is simple to make and it is great to know that you can make your own satisfying pizza at home from scratch, rather than having to order in. The following pizza dough recipe uses salt and sugar for flavor, as well as flour, water, salt and oil to make it doughy. You can top this pizza with whichever toppings you fancy.
Thin and crispy is often the way to go when making pizza because that is the more authentic Italian type and you can expect a delicious, slightly chewy result. If you are in the mood for something else however, you might like to try this pan pizza dough recipe instead.
This type of crust is more bread-like and thicker, which is why a lot of pizza fans favor it. Because pan pizza is thicker and therefore more filling than the thinner kinds of crusts, you will find that a medium size pizza serves 4 people and fills them up nicely. Consider serving salad on the side to round out the dish and make it a complete meal.
- 1⅓ cups water
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ¾ teaspoons instant yeast
- 1 ¼ teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- Combine the water, salt, sugar, baking powder, and olive oil in a bowl. Stir to dissolve the sugar, baking powder, and salt. Stir in the yeast and flour.
- Knead for about 10 minutes to form a soft dough.
- Rest, covered, for 45 minutes.
- Deflate the dough and let it rest for another 15 minutes before using.
- You can keep this dough in an oiled plastic bag in the refrigerator for a couple of days.
- To cook, preheat the oven to 500 degrees F.
- Sprinkle the pizza pan with the cornmeal and set the dough on the pan.
- Top the pizza with your choice of toppings and place in the oven, immediately turning the heat down to 450 degrees F.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted.
Who doesn’t love pan pizza? This lovey dish can be enjoyed at a restaurant or you can get takeout, but how about if you want the best results, something fresh-tasting and truly delicious? The answer is to make your own pan pizza. The process is easier than you might expect, so take a look at this recipe and find out how to make the best pan pizza. The photo shows what the finished pizza is going to look like, and there is no denying this is comfort food at its absolute finest. This thick, tasty pizza is so good.
Leave a Reply
- Homemade Italian Sausage and Spinach Calzone May 7, 2016
- Classic Italian Chicken Saltimbocca April 22, 2016
- Hunter Style Baked Italian Chicken Cacciatore April 6, 2016
- Wild Mushroom Boletus Italian Style Soup April 3, 2016
- Vegetarian Pasta Primavera with Fettuccine March 30, 2016
- Roman Style Saltimbocca Alla Romana with Polenta March 25, 2016
- Classic Italian Dishes – Parmigiana Eggplant March 25, 2016
- Authentic Vegetarian Italian Asparagus Risotto March 23, 2016
- Rotisserie Chicken and Vegetable Risotto March 19, 2016
- Citrus Feta Cheese Risotto with Spinach March 18, 2016
- One of the Best Vegetarian Lasagna Recipes with Ricotta Cheese (404202 Views)
- Home (141877 Views)
- Best Pizza Sauce for Home Made Pizza (64562 Views)
- Crispy Chicken Milanese with Herb (27674 Views)
- Authentic Clams Oreganata (20401 Views)
- The Best Bechamel in the World (14847 Views)
- Authentic Old World Italian Pizza Dough Recipe (13686 Views)
- Lasagna Rollups in the Slow Cooker (11772 Views)
- Classic Lasagna with Creamy Bechamel Sauce (11319 Views)
- Just How Far Ahead Can I Make Lasagna (11314 Views)