Ultra Quick Pizza Dough Recipe
This pizza dough recipe is ideal for when you are in a hurry because you do not need to leave it overnight in the refrigerator to rise or in a warm place for several hours either. This recipe uses half the dough to make the crust of one pizza.
You can freeze the rest in a plastic bag for up to 6 months and thaw it overnight in the refrigerator. If you want to know how to make pizza dough for a hungry family, try this recipe. This is the quickest way to make a great pizza crust and you can double the recipe to make plenty of dough for future pizzas since it freezes so well.
Whoever knew making a pizza crust from scratch could be this quick and easy? Forget long kneading times, allowing it to prove and rise, or spending all afternoon waiting for your dough to be ready to turn into a pizza. Instead, this recipe allows you to combine the ingredients, knead it briefly, and then you can add your toppings and bake the resulting pizzas.
This recipe makes 2 pizzas but you could just as easily make 4 individual ones or 1 large one if your oven is big enough. That is part of the charm of making your own pizza dough. You get to choose the shape and size of your pizza. This is so quick to make you can preheat the oven before you begin and when the oven gets to the right temperature your pizzas should be ready to go in.
- 2 cups plain flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup warm water
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1 beaten egg
- Sachet instant dry yeast
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat a pizza stone at 430 degrees F for an hour, using the lowest shelf in the oven.
- Sift the flour into a bowl. Add the sugar, yeast, and salt. Combine the oil with the water and add to the flour mixture. Stir in the egg. Mix until the dough comes together.
- Turn it on to a lightly floured board and knead for 8 minutes, adding more flour if it is too sticky. Divide the dough in half. You can either make two pizzas or save half the dough for a future pizza.
- Roll the dough into a disk and add your favorite toppings. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until the crust is golden and the cheese is melted.
Quick and easy pizza recipes are always a tempting dinner idea. Although picking up the phone and ordering a pizza is quick and easy, the flavor is often lacking. Homemade pizzas on the other hand boast a wonderful homemade charm because you are making this dish yourself with love. This pizza is made from the bottom up. First you will be making a lovely crust using ingredients like flour, egg and yeast, then it is time to add your sauce and toppings. It is your choice whether to make one large pizza, a couple of smaller ones, or even 4 individual pizzas. As the cook, the choice is yours.
Leave a Reply
- Homemade Italian Sausage and Spinach Calzone May 7, 2016
- Classic Italian Chicken Saltimbocca April 22, 2016
- Hunter Style Baked Italian Chicken Cacciatore April 6, 2016
- Wild Mushroom Boletus Italian Style Soup April 3, 2016
- Vegetarian Pasta Primavera with Fettuccine March 30, 2016
- Roman Style Saltimbocca Alla Romana with Polenta March 25, 2016
- Classic Italian Dishes – Parmigiana Eggplant March 25, 2016
- Authentic Vegetarian Italian Asparagus Risotto March 23, 2016
- Rotisserie Chicken and Vegetable Risotto March 19, 2016
- Citrus Feta Cheese Risotto with Spinach March 18, 2016
- One of the Best Vegetarian Lasagna Recipes with Ricotta Cheese (403227 Views)
- Home (141167 Views)
- Best Pizza Sauce for Home Made Pizza (63501 Views)
- Crispy Chicken Milanese with Herb (27501 Views)
- Authentic Clams Oreganata (20254 Views)
- The Best Bechamel in the World (14802 Views)
- Authentic Old World Italian Pizza Dough Recipe (13621 Views)
- Lasagna Rollups in the Slow Cooker (11737 Views)
- Classic Lasagna with Creamy Bechamel Sauce (11295 Views)
- Just How Far Ahead Can I Make Lasagna (11249 Views)