French Bread Pizza Recipe with a Twist
This is a wonderful French bread pizza recipe to make whenever you have a craving for a quick pizza. Do not worry about the sauce; just grab a loaf of French bread and cut it open. Coat the inside with butter and garlic, and then load it up with toppings. Pop it in the oven and before you know it you have a delicious pizza. You may find that this recipe fast becomes a new favorite in your house. It is so fast and easy to make it can easily become one of those recipes you automatically reach for on those busy nights.
Beach bread is a regional name for this simple French bread pizza without sauce. It makes a quick and easy appetizer, snack, or lunch. You could even have it for a light supper if you wish. Serve it with a nice side salad to round out the meal. Do not limit yourself to our toppings; use your favorites and top them with cheese. You can even make it into a gourmet recipe by using blue cheese crumbles instead of provolone. Do not be afraid to experiment.
This is a very fast recipe. Your prep time should not run you more than 15 minutes or so. The pizza cooks for 10 minutes, so you can have this food ready in less than half an hour. Invite the kids into the kitchen and let everyone put their own toppings on for individual French bread pizzas. Everyone will love having their own made just the way they like it. Topping suggestions include mushrooms, spinach, sliced zucchini, onions, bell peppers, chopped herbs, sausage, pepperoni, or anything else that comes to mind. You can also use whatever loaves of bread you have on hand, like Italian or even challah bread.
- 1 long loaf (3 feet) French Bread, cut into 3 pieces, then sliced in half lengthwise
- 4 Tablespoons butter, melted
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- 1 cup smoked provolone cheese, shredded
- 1 cup tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 cup ham, diced
- 2 Tablespoons basil, thinly sliced
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Line your baking sheet with foil.
- Brush the cut sides of the French bread with melted butter.
- Sprinkle with garlic and onion powder to taste. Top with provolone cheese, tomatoes, ham, basil, and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake the pizzas for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the bread turns crusty on the edges and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
This is a great way to enjoy a sauceless French bread pizza. Beach bread is a twist on garlic bread. Instead of just topping it with butter and garlic, you also keep piling on your favorite pizza toppings. There is no tomato sauce. As you can see by our photo, the bread gets browned and crispy while the cheese melts over the toppings. You could actually make an entire meal out of this dish, but they make fabulous appetizers or side dishes. This is a fast and simple way to enjoy pizza whenever you want.
Leave a Reply
- Homemade Italian Sausage and Spinach Calzone May 7, 2016
- Classic Italian Chicken Saltimbocca April 22, 2016
- Hunter Style Baked Italian Chicken Cacciatore April 6, 2016
- Wild Mushroom Boletus Italian Style Soup April 3, 2016
- Vegetarian Pasta Primavera with Fettuccine March 30, 2016
- Roman Style Saltimbocca Alla Romana with Polenta March 25, 2016
- Classic Italian Dishes – Parmigiana Eggplant March 25, 2016
- Authentic Vegetarian Italian Asparagus Risotto March 23, 2016
- Rotisserie Chicken and Vegetable Risotto March 19, 2016
- Citrus Feta Cheese Risotto with Spinach March 18, 2016
- One of the Best Vegetarian Lasagna Recipes with Ricotta Cheese (410780 Views)
- Home (146730 Views)
- Best Pizza Sauce for Home Made Pizza (70624 Views)
- Crispy Chicken Milanese with Herb (29037 Views)
- Authentic Clams Oreganata (21289 Views)
- The Best Bechamel in the World (15162 Views)
- Authentic Old World Italian Pizza Dough Recipe (14167 Views)
- Lasagna Rollups in the Slow Cooker (11950 Views)
- Just How Far Ahead Can I Make Lasagna (11760 Views)
- Classic Lasagna with Creamy Bechamel Sauce (11515 Views)