Gourmet Tandoori Chicken Pizza Recipe
If you enjoy gourmet pizza recipes, you will love this tandoori chicken recipe. This recipe makes two large pizzas but you can halve it if you do not have many people to feed. The chicken in this chicken pizza recipe is marinated to infuse it with Indian flavors.
Mango or lime pickle is used as well as coriander, tandoori paste, yogurt, cumin, and turmeric to give a really authentic Indian flavor. You can also add other ingredients such as diced pumpkin or sliced cauliflower if you want to. A lot of gourmet pizza recipes take a long time to make but this chicken pizza recipe is fairly simple and the results are wonderful.
If you like a lot of flavor in your pizza, you cannot go wrong with this one. The Indian toppings are just gorgeous, but rather than have a pizza with Indian flavors instead of an Indian curry served over rice or with Indian bread, this is the recipe for you.
The homemade dough sets the scene for this wonderful pizza, and once you have prepared the crust, you can get to work preparing the toppings and assembling your pizza. India and Italy come together beautifully here, proving that even totally different cuisines can find some kind of common ground, so you can build the most fantastic fusion dish using both cuisines as your foundation.
- 10 ½ oz plain flour
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅓ cup tandoori paste
- 4 whisked eggs
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 ½ cups natural yogurt
- 1 lb chicken tenderloins, flattened and halved
- 1 cup Indian lime pickle or mango chutney
- 2 tablespoons semolina or cornmeal
- 1 thinly sliced green bell pepper
- 1 thinly sliced onion
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Coriander to garnish
- ½ bunch chopped fresh mint
- ½ teaspoon each cumin and turmeric
- 2 thin sliced green onions
- Place flour in a bowl and make a well. Pour in the salt and eggs and mix with a fork. Work the dough with your hands and make a ball. Place the dough on a floured surface and knead for 10 minutes until it is elastic. Split the dough into two balls and set them aside to rest for 30 minutes.
- Mix ⅓ of the yogurt and tandoori paste. Add the chicken. Marinate for an hour. Preheat the oven to 390 degrees F. Form a round with each dough ball and sprinkle some semolina on the pizza trays, then place the dough on each tray.
- Mix the sliced onion, bell pepper and lime pickle in a bowl and spread this mixture on the pizza bases. Top each pizza with marinated chicken and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the pizzas are crisp and golden.
- Combine the mint, green onions, cumin, turmeric, lemon juice, and the rest of the yogurt. Drizzle this mixture over the hot pizzas and garnish with plenty of fresh coriander.
This unusual pizza features the best Indian ingredients to offer not just an interesting, spicy flair, but a true taste of Indian cuisine. Neither too over-complicated nor too spicy, this pizza is simply delicious, and you could even say it is a gourmet take on pizza because the flavors are so sophisticated. Despite the fact Italian food and Indian food are so very different, this recipe is proof you can bring these cuisines together and end up with an incredibly tasty result. If you are keen on Indian food, give this Indian chicken pizza recipe a try because it is just great.
Leave a Reply
- Homemade Italian Sausage and Spinach Calzone May 7, 2016
- Classic Italian Chicken Saltimbocca April 22, 2016
- Hunter Style Baked Italian Chicken Cacciatore April 6, 2016
- Wild Mushroom Boletus Italian Style Soup April 3, 2016
- Vegetarian Pasta Primavera with Fettuccine March 30, 2016
- Roman Style Saltimbocca Alla Romana with Polenta March 25, 2016
- Classic Italian Dishes – Parmigiana Eggplant March 25, 2016
- Authentic Vegetarian Italian Asparagus Risotto March 23, 2016
- Rotisserie Chicken and Vegetable Risotto March 19, 2016
- Citrus Feta Cheese Risotto with Spinach March 18, 2016
- One of the Best Vegetarian Lasagna Recipes with Ricotta Cheese (404501 Views)
- Home (142076 Views)
- Best Pizza Sauce for Home Made Pizza (64881 Views)
- Crispy Chicken Milanese with Herb (27742 Views)
- Authentic Clams Oreganata (20426 Views)
- The Best Bechamel in the World (14868 Views)
- Authentic Old World Italian Pizza Dough Recipe (13707 Views)
- Lasagna Rollups in the Slow Cooker (11782 Views)
- Just How Far Ahead Can I Make Lasagna (11333 Views)
- Classic Lasagna with Creamy Bechamel Sauce (11326 Views)