Ham and Pineapple Pizza with Green Pepper
This ham and pineapple pizza recipe is simple to make and you will need just five ingredients. Ham, pineapple, cheese, and green bell pepper are combined to make the topping for this ham and pineapple pizza recipe and the result is very tasty.
You can also add some chopped bacon to this Hawaiian pizza for more flavor if you want to. Hawaiian pizza recipes are very popular and the sweetness of the pineapple combines well with the savory tastes in this ham and pineapple pizza recipe. This pizza is great hot but also very nice served cold the following day if you have any left over.
A lot of Hawaiian recipes feature pineapple, since this tropical fruit is so popular in Hawaii, and nice for both savory and sweet recipes. Soy often combines with the pineapple in some Hawaiian recipes but that would not work here, so instead we are using other complementary ingredients which go perfectly with the pizza.
You might like to try some other Hawaiian dishes if you get the chance. The food is a blend of cuisines introduced by settlers from countries as diverse as China, Korea, Portugal, and Puerto Rico. Just like with most cuisines, typical ‘Hawaiian’ dishes you might expect to eat in Hawaii differ from the dishes with ‘Hawaiian’ in the name, but take a bite of this juicy pizza with its sweet pineapple, crunchy bell pepper and ham, and the Hawaiian influence will be obvious. If you prefer to omit the tomato sauce that will also result in a tasty pizza.
- 1 lb pizza dough
- 1 sliced green bell pepper
- 8 oz drained pineapple rings, quartered
- 6 oz cooked ham, in strips
- ½ lb shredded pepper jack cheese
- ¼ cup pizza sauce
- Cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Spray the cooking spray over a 14 inch pizza pan, shaping the dough to fit.
- Spread the sauce over the crust, then add the pepper jack cheese, ham and pineapple.
- Arrange the green bell pepper slices on top of that and bake the ham and pineapple pizza until the crust is golden.
- This will take about 20 minutes.
- Let the pizza cool for 5 minutes, then slice and serve.
Are you looking for new pizza ideas, and getting bored with the same tomato sauce, mozzarella and pepperoni toppings? If so, you might be interested in this recipe because ham teams up with cheese, green bell pepper and tomato sauce, to offer something you will really love. Italian and Hawaiian cuisines meet and combine perfectly here, and this pizza can also be complemented with other toppings if you want to add more, such as bacon or mushrooms, depending on what you have on hand, and what toppings you personally enjoy on your pizza.
Leave a Reply
- Homemade Italian Sausage and Spinach Calzone May 7, 2016
- Classic Italian Chicken Saltimbocca April 22, 2016
- Hunter Style Baked Italian Chicken Cacciatore April 6, 2016
- Wild Mushroom Boletus Italian Style Soup April 3, 2016
- Vegetarian Pasta Primavera with Fettuccine March 30, 2016
- Roman Style Saltimbocca Alla Romana with Polenta March 25, 2016
- Classic Italian Dishes – Parmigiana Eggplant March 25, 2016
- Authentic Vegetarian Italian Asparagus Risotto March 23, 2016
- Rotisserie Chicken and Vegetable Risotto March 19, 2016
- Citrus Feta Cheese Risotto with Spinach March 18, 2016
- One of the Best Vegetarian Lasagna Recipes with Ricotta Cheese (403227 Views)
- Home (141166 Views)
- Best Pizza Sauce for Home Made Pizza (63501 Views)
- Crispy Chicken Milanese with Herb (27501 Views)
- Authentic Clams Oreganata (20254 Views)
- The Best Bechamel in the World (14802 Views)
- Authentic Old World Italian Pizza Dough Recipe (13621 Views)
- Lasagna Rollups in the Slow Cooker (11737 Views)
- Classic Lasagna with Creamy Bechamel Sauce (11295 Views)
- Just How Far Ahead Can I Make Lasagna (11249 Views)