Hot Sausage Pizza
For this hot sausage pizza, spicy Italian sausage is combined with onion, mushrooms, bell pepper, cheese and tomato sauce for plenty of flavor and crunch. The base is readymade bread dough, making this sausage pizza simple to prepare. There are different kinds of sausage pizzas and this one is healthy because of the vegetables as well as being delicious.
If you are not keen on spicy food, you might like to try another kind of sausage instead of the hot Italian kind or you can combine two different types of sausage. This sausage pizza tends to be popular with kids and they might even overlook the vegetables because it has sausage on top!
The flavors this pizza offers are so simple yet the finished pizza does not taste like it is lacking anything at all because it is so well-balanced. You have the pizza sauce and mozzarella many good pizzas begin with, plus the earthiness of the sausage and mushrooms which are just so good.
If you are looking for new pizza topping ideas, and you are tired of the same old cheese and pepperoni, or you have some hot sausage to use up and you want to know which other ingredients work well with it, this is the recipe you should try. Not only will you find it simple to put together, but your family will also love the flavor of this tasty dinner.
- 1 lb thawed bread dough
- ½ cup chopped green bell pepper
- ½ cup sliced onion
- ½ cup pizza sauce
- ¾ lb hot Italian sausage
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- ½ cup sliced mushrooms
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Press the dough into a 12 inch pizza pan and prick it all over using a fork.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Sauté the onions, mushrooms, green bell pepper and sausage over a moderate heat until the sausage is brown.
- Spread the pizza sauce on to the crust and top with the sausage mixture.
- Top with the cheese and bake for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
This rich meaty pizza features sausage and mozzarella. The vegetables are mushrooms, bell pepper and onion, and each of those complements the meat component. Use readymade bread dough for making this pizza. Simply roll it out and bake it, then add your toppings and put the finished pizza back in the oven for the topping to heat through and the cheese to melt attractively. This is a simple pizza to prepare but the flavor is incredible. This offers a better, fresher taste than any frozen or takeout pizza ever could.
Leave a Reply
- Homemade Italian Sausage and Spinach Calzone May 7, 2016
- Classic Italian Chicken Saltimbocca April 22, 2016
- Hunter Style Baked Italian Chicken Cacciatore April 6, 2016
- Wild Mushroom Boletus Italian Style Soup April 3, 2016
- Vegetarian Pasta Primavera with Fettuccine March 30, 2016
- Roman Style Saltimbocca Alla Romana with Polenta March 25, 2016
- Classic Italian Dishes – Parmigiana Eggplant March 25, 2016
- Authentic Vegetarian Italian Asparagus Risotto March 23, 2016
- Rotisserie Chicken and Vegetable Risotto March 19, 2016
- Citrus Feta Cheese Risotto with Spinach March 18, 2016
- One of the Best Vegetarian Lasagna Recipes with Ricotta Cheese (410780 Views)
- Home (146729 Views)
- Best Pizza Sauce for Home Made Pizza (70618 Views)
- Crispy Chicken Milanese with Herb (29037 Views)
- Authentic Clams Oreganata (21289 Views)
- The Best Bechamel in the World (15162 Views)
- Authentic Old World Italian Pizza Dough Recipe (14167 Views)
- Lasagna Rollups in the Slow Cooker (11950 Views)
- Just How Far Ahead Can I Make Lasagna (11760 Views)
- Classic Lasagna with Creamy Bechamel Sauce (11515 Views)