Italian Bread Shell Crust Turkey Alfredo Pizza
A thin Italian bread shell crust is used as the base for this tasty turkey Alfredo pizza and Alfredo sauce is spread over the top. This pizza is topped with spinach, turkey, lemon, and cheese. This pizza is deliciously different from other turkey pizzas and the ingredients complement one another very well.
You can use chicken breast rather than turkey breast if you have some that needs to be used up. Parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes are sprinkled on this turkey Alfredo pizza before baking and the cheese melts wonderfully over the other ingredients. This is a very good pizza recipe and is more filling that you might think.
Some of the ingredients can be stored for months until you need them, examples including the frozen spinach and prebaked pizza crust. Maybe you already have most of the other ingredients to hand as well, in which case now is the perfect time to get busy making this lovely dish.
You will find the pizza very simple to put together, since adding the toppings and baking the pizza is pretty much all you need to do. Alfredo sauce is often served with pasta but if you want such an Italian dish but are leaning towards the idea of a pizza instead of pasta, this pizza recipe could be the perfect solution, bringing you the very best of both worlds.
- 10 oz thawed chopped spinach, squeezed dry
- 10 inch pre-baked thin Italian bread shell pizza crust
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, cut in half
- 2 cups shredded cooked turkey breast
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ¾ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ¾ cup Alfredo sauce
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Rub the garlic over the pizza crust and put it on a baking sheet.
- Spread half a cup of the Alfredo sauce over the top.
- Mix together the salt, pepper, lemon juice and spinach and top the pizza with this mixture.
- Add the turkey and spoon the rest of the Alfredo sauce on top.
- Sprinkle the pepper flakes and parmesan over it and bake for about 12 minutes.
- The pizza is ready when the cheese is melted and the pizza is hot.
Alfredo sauce, spinach, turkey, and parmesan cheese are just a few of the toppings on this bread shell pizza crust. The result is something blending fresh flavors with a luxurious creaminess. This pizza not only looks great, as you can see in the picture, but the flavor is going to really surprise you. If your Alfredo sauce usually finds its way into chicken fettuccini dishes, try it as a pizza topping instead with these other ingredients, and you are sure to find the resulting pizza offers a wealth of flavors, and makes a lovely treat.
Leave a Reply
- Homemade Italian Sausage and Spinach Calzone May 7, 2016
- Classic Italian Chicken Saltimbocca April 22, 2016
- Hunter Style Baked Italian Chicken Cacciatore April 6, 2016
- Wild Mushroom Boletus Italian Style Soup April 3, 2016
- Vegetarian Pasta Primavera with Fettuccine March 30, 2016
- Roman Style Saltimbocca Alla Romana with Polenta March 25, 2016
- Classic Italian Dishes – Parmigiana Eggplant March 25, 2016
- Authentic Vegetarian Italian Asparagus Risotto March 23, 2016
- Rotisserie Chicken and Vegetable Risotto March 19, 2016
- Citrus Feta Cheese Risotto with Spinach March 18, 2016
- One of the Best Vegetarian Lasagna Recipes with Ricotta Cheese (410780 Views)
- Home (146730 Views)
- Best Pizza Sauce for Home Made Pizza (70624 Views)
- Crispy Chicken Milanese with Herb (29037 Views)
- Authentic Clams Oreganata (21289 Views)
- The Best Bechamel in the World (15162 Views)
- Authentic Old World Italian Pizza Dough Recipe (14167 Views)
- Lasagna Rollups in the Slow Cooker (11950 Views)
- Just How Far Ahead Can I Make Lasagna (11760 Views)
- Classic Lasagna with Creamy Bechamel Sauce (11515 Views)